“Very bad experience, Travelers beware!”

Family Budget Inn Harrison
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Harrison
Perry, OK
“Very bad experience, Travelers beware!”
Reviewed July 25, 2009

This was a very bad experience for my daughter and I. We checked in at around 8:00pm. When we got to the room it was very dirty. The floor was dirty. It had lots of bits of what looked like paint chips in the carpet.The sheets looked wrinkled as if someone had already slept in them. We also found hair in them. I went to the front desk to get clean sheets and towels. I changed the sheets myself only to find the 'clean' sheet were stained and had a small rip in them. The towels and washclothes were also all stained. It was disgusting. The bathroom shower had mildew on the curtain. The location is away from the hub of town so security was important to us. There was not a chain on the door for a more secure feeling for us. I would not recommend this motel to anyone! We left early the next morning to do shopping in Branson with family.
We checked out after the check out time and was charged another full day. We were registered at this motel for less than 24 hours! I understand motel policies, but there were only a couple of other people at the motel which should have been a big red flag not to stay there! It was almost empty. Ugh! Even though I had to be out the extra day charge, it was worth it NOT to stay at this motel another night.
This was not at all what it looks like on their web page. Don't be fooled!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Scarlet1970

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Orange, TX
Reviewed May 5, 2009

I needed to book two rooms for a family wedding, and judging by the reviews, I thought this was going to be a pleasant surprise for the money and I couldn't have been more wrong. Our room smelled musty and the reason was the pool of water on the floor by the balcony door.
The rooms were far from clean. Both needed vacuuming and ours had a toenail on the floor by the bed.
Our bed sheet was dirty (hair). I was totally embarrassed for selecting this motel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank OCCajun
pekin IL
Reviewed June 7, 2008

The Mrs and I stayed at the Family Budget 05-22 thru 05-26. We were in the area to meet up with some family, who own a cabin on Bull Shoals Lake. The motel was very convenient for getting to and from the cabin. They have a great looking pool, unfortunately had no time to use it. Hotel offers a continental breakfast, although we never tried it. Basically, we needed a place to flop at the end of a long day, and shower in the morning. Family Budget fit the bill nicely. Our room was pretty clean, had a small fridge and microwave, and COLD air conditioning. Check-in was easy, the staff friendly and helpful. Only drawback was the showerhead is really low, I'm over 6 foot tall, it was a trick to lather up the chrome dome. Not a deal breaker, by any means. Hey, this ain't the Ritz-Carlton, but at $42 a night, it ain't trying to be. I will be staying here again whenever we're in the area.

• Liked — Convenience to town, Bull Shoals Lake.
  • Disliked — Short shower head.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank squatster3
Morton, Illinois
Reviewed May 17, 2008

I checked in and the room smelled really musty. I can only assume this is because the hotel allows you to keep pets there and hadn't cleaned this room sufficiently (room 210).
I went to the bathroom when I arrived and noticed under the sink there was a roach bait trap/motel. I was pretty disgusted, but saw no other evidence of this in the room and the other reviews of this place were pretty glowing so we stayed.
I tried accessing the WiFi in the room, but only got one bar and my computer said the strength was too low to actually use (note that I am not a computer guru, though).
After this, we went to bed. Luckily the children fell asleep early, because around 10:45-11:00 p.m. we found out how paper thin the walls were when we heard a woman moaning loudly and a headboard slamming into the wall from the next room. We were pretty disgusted. They stopped when me and my wife started talking ... I'm assuming they were able to hear through the walls to.
We were not able to go to sleep for the next three hours. Apart from uncomfortable beds, we were itchy. I can't say whether this was from dirty sheets or beds or what, but I can say we both felt like our skin was crawling.
The next day, I got up for a shower and the walls were mildewed, and the shower curtain rings were also black with mildew.
When I checked out, we canceled our reservation for the following night to learn that they hadn't reserved the room for us (even though we had called and confirmed a two night stay over the phone). Overall this was one of the worst hotel experiences I've ever had.

• Liked — Location was easy to find
  • Disliked — Finding roach trap/motel under the sink
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Army_Dude
utah
Reviewed September 25, 2007

If you have younger children, this is a WONDERFUL place...you can sit on your balcony and watch them play on the swings or play on the grass or swim in the very clean pool or play on the mini mini golf course....

The rooms were large and clean, and if a little outdated wallpaper and art and furniture doesn't bother you, you will be completely satisfied...

The owners are really trying hard and are very pleasant and helpful...

We will be back next time we visit down there...

• Liked — size and layout of rooms, new carpet and tile, balcony
  • Disliked — the linens could be better
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank moonbeam23
Ocean Springs, MS
Reviewed July 6, 2005

My family and I stayed at the Family Budget Inn located on Business Hwy 65 in the Ozark Mountains in northern Arkansas. The motel's large rooms and landscaped grounds were remenisicent of the mom and pop hotels that dominated the backroads and biways of the late 60's and early 70's. You know the kind where the innkeepers knew your family name and expected you back for your family vacation same time next year. The desk clerk was very accomodating and the motel has been very well kept up. My children, aged 9 and 3 years, loved the large swimming pool. The VERY economical rates also include continental breakfast. The town of Harrison also offers many food choices to fit anyone's budget.

6 Thank luv2teach