“A Great Travel Diversion”
Review of Mystic Caverns

Mystic Caverns
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Harrison
Reviewed April 30, 2013

First, the cavern is well worth seeing. Great mineralization is abundant. If you've never been in a cave this is a great cave.to start your spelunking experiences.
Second, you get to see a second cavern as well --- Crystal Dome Cavern is a part of the the "experience". It has an 80-100 foot dome that is beautiful. Bring some opera glasses (or better) to get the full benefit. of the view. It also has mineralization throughout. This cave is a primer for stalagmite growth.
Third and far from last --- The GUIDES. They love to be there and it carries over to you.

You'll be very glad you went.

3  Thank Bag69

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was only able to tour one of the two caves here but I will be back for the second one soon. The overall look of the place may not seem as modern as your downtown strip malls but this place has been around a while. the history of the place is well described by the friendly staff. I was impressed by the free water and surprised to see Biblical scripture pointing out Why the owner does it.
Mystic Caverns is a nice family stop on a vacation and well within any budget.

3  Thank angels419
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We just got back from our trip, and as always I spend some time writing reviews because I base a lot of my travel plans on what I read on reviews, so I do my part. Luckily I chose this stop from another website and from reading the owners website, NOT from the reviews on here. I just read them and am shocked by at least one and shaking my head at a few others. I guess you have to be on the same page of thinking in terms of the scientific aspects of the world and humans in general in order to be able to follow their line of thinking. Which I am so that was most definitely not a down fall in my experience and shouldn't be in anyone else's. It does not take away from the scientific aspect of education. They still quite fully explained how different cave formations are created, changed, move, die, etc. It was a small group of us who went into just the Cosmic Cavern. Since we did have small children, we did think ahead and ASK about the cave and safety for children and the process of getting in and out of the caverns and which would be better. And we were fully informed on both options leaving it up to us to make our own decision as to which to tour. The man who was in the gift shop, I would think is the owner, did have an interesting personality but was in no way rude. He reminded me of my grandfather, kinda smart allecky and quick witted but not rude or anything of the sort. I guess you just have to be laid back and be able to joke back to understand that is probably just his silly personality. There was also a young man in training who spent some time explaining all the rocks in the gift shop to my 5 yr old as we waited to begin our tour since the tour guide was kind enough to wait on some guests who had not arrived yet. It was hard to keep my kiddos from touching the cave formations, but that is most definitely not their fault, its something I went in expecting and worked hard to prevent the whole time. It was an enjoyable experience and I would most definitely go back and go to the other cave when my kids are a bit older.

1  Thank Fruitloopmomma
Reviewed April 3, 2013

IF anyone post a positive feed back on this place it is the OWNERS!!!! The OWNER IS A UNFRIENDLY SMART MOUTH!!! YOU CLIMB OVER 100FEET AND HE DIDN'T TELL US UNTIL THE TOUR HAD ALREADY BEGAN!!! THERE ARE caves in the area that has a polite staff and you don't have to kill yourself climbing out of the hole!!! South of Springfield close to Branson is a great cave and several around the area that I have been to in Arkansas do not attempt this place unless you like people to be rude!! AND IF YOU LIKE TO CLIMB OVER 100 FEET OUT OF A HOLE!!!!! MY KIDS CRIED THE ENTIRE TIME IF YOU THINK YOU CAN CLIMB OUT WHAT EVER YOU DO...DO NOT TAKE KIDS ON THIS TOUR YOU WILL HAVE TO CARRY THEM OUT!!!

2  Thank KayD419
Steve R, Manager at Mystic Caverns, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

I think, from your review, that you toured our lower cavern Crystal Dome. We normally tell people before we leave the back porch of our gift shop to start down the hill to the entrance of the lower cavern that we will be going one hundred and ten feet down below the surface and that there is no elevator to bring people back up. At that time, if anyone expresses concern about the difficulty of the tour, we offer to give them a refund. I am very sorry that your family did not have a good time at our caverns. We strive to provide an entertaining and informative tour for all of our guests.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and our 19 year old son took a last minute trip into north arkansas, (harrison) what an interesting/beautiful cavern! It's a wonderful value at $14.99 a person. They do offer children's and senior discounts. This is a great 30-40 minute tour, the guides are really amazing. They are genuine and knowledgeable. We had a nice visit, made a few more good memories for our son before Army basic training!