“Very Disappointing”

Description: telephone 870.743.1122
Ottawa, Kansas, United States
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Judging by the building, location and amount of traffic... one would believe you would step in and enjoy some great "home-style" cooking. Not even close. We had the chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy and corn... the mashed potatoes were not real and the corn was some weird sweet cream corn stuff. The cornbread did not look, smell or taste like corn in any way. The staff and owner were very friendly... We have no intentions of returning.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sandra B

Harrison, Arkansas, United States
“Daisy Queen has Wonderful Food at a Reasonable Price”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I had a hamburger and fries at Daisy Queen yesterday, and they were delicious! This restaurant has been in business since 1969, and I have been eating there since 1992, when I first moved to Arkansas. The food quality has always been great. Their Special Plate lunches remind me of eating at my Grandma's house when I was young. Daisy Queen even has table service. Wonderful experience...great food!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Steve R
Missouri
“Best shakes in town.”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stopped our first day in Marshall to get a shake. After liking the shakes we got so much, we decided to go back the next day to get hamburgers and a shake. The hamburgers are really good, but the shakes are awesome. I got chocolate and my husband got cherry. This is a very busy place so if you are in a hurry, you should call in your order ahead of time. Wonderful local restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
Sherwood, Arkansas
“It's about the experience...”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

It's more and more difficult to find places like The Daisy Queen, where you feel like you're stepping back in time. It's as if nothing has changed for 40 years. If you go, go for the experience. There's nothing special about the food or service. It's just a good memory. :)

Visited September 2012
Longview, Washington
“Good Road Food”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I travel on business a lot and a place like the Daisy Queen is an appreciated break from the chains that dominate today's roadways. During my recent stay in Harrison I dined at the Daisy Queen on three occasions. Each time the food was wholesome, well prepared, and the restaurant clean and bright.

This place is obviously a home town kind of place which is dominated by locals judging from our observations. There are two specials each day which come with a choice of two vegetables. I tried the chicken fried steak special and found it to be very good, and my choice of sides, pinto beans and coleslaw just as good. The meal was almost to large for lunch. The price was $5.95

Also tried the hamburger which was very much home style. The patty was obviously not machine made. The beef tasted excellent and the toppings fresh. It reminded me of hamburgers of my youth. The price was $2.75

The Daisy Queen is on my list when traveling through Harrison.

3 Thank challenger27J