“The Thrill Of Winds”

Hurricane River Cave
Ranked #4 of 17 things to do in Harrison
More attraction details
Owner description: Currently closed for restoration.
Reviewed May 17, 2017

Loved this place I just wanted to jump right in and take that nestea plunge it wasso invigorating and relaxing we are going to come back and do it again we promise ..

1  Thank raynard1

Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

Due to the owner's death, Hurricane River Cave is now closed. The cave is historically significant and, hopefully, someone will purchase it and re-open it soon.

1  Thank Mary Y
Robert S, Owner at Hurricane River Cave, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2017

Cave has new owners and we are working long hours to fix everything up to reopen. Previous owner had allowed unsafe conditions in the cave. We will open when we have a safe, quality operation that the area deserves.

Reviewed April 17, 2017

I was told the owner died a couple years ago and it has been shut down. I did drive by there and the gate is chianed up and it looks like noone has been there is quite awhile. :(

There are new owners that are cleaning up the property and improving conditions in the cave. Cave will reopen when all restoration work and safety upgrades are completed.

Reviewed November 26, 2016

Guide is great Very knowledgable. Many different types of trips from novice to experienced. Highly recomend.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 8, 2016

I grew up in Harrison, AR and worked at Hurricane River Cave in the 70's. I had a blast driving my little blue Maverick car down the tiny road leading to the cave. Jim Shermerhorn brought the cave back to life in 1968. He bought the property and worked hard at the cave and his convenience store on Hwy 62-65. It was the summer job before my senior year. Unfortunately Jim died right after his dream came true. I worked at both places,