“Very unusual”

Hurricane River Cave
Ranked #4 of 17 things to do in Harrison
More attraction details
Owner description: Currently closed for restoration.
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We saw the weather beaten signs and thought we needed a break so we took the turn in. It was raining outside and their gift shop had caught on fire so there really was no place to get out of the rain. A guy greeted us and said the tour guide was on the phone. After a 15 minute wait he showed up but had to make another phone call. The pathway was made of wood and some of it was rotten. A lot of the lights didn't work but we had flash lights. Why I gave such a glowing review was because this was the most adventurous cave tour I have ever been on. We went on the basic tour but there was some cramped places that some how we made it through. This was my 9 month old son's first cave (he was in a ergo).

Reviewed May 2, 2014

It was an awesome experience!. We had so much fun on our tour. It was intense at times but always fun. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I was looking at vacation photos from our Arkansas trip in July 2013 and ran across the pictures and videos from our Wild Cave Tour. They brought back some great memories and made my laugh so I decided to write a long overdue review.

My husband and I visited Hurricane Cave with 3 kids aged 11, 10 and 9. We are pretty adventurous and the kids were up to the Wild tour so that is what we did. The first part of the tour is the "regular tour" so no problems there. It didn't take too long into the "Wild Tour" that I was shimming my way along a wall with hands on one side of a crack and feet on the other looking down and thinking to myself what are we doing here. This is definitely a tour for the adventurous. As the other reviews mention, you will crawl, on your hands and knees, on your belly, on your back. It is physical. You will get muddy. You will get wet. You will sweat. You will huff and puff. You might cry (or the kids might). You will for laugh at yourself and others trying to climb their way up a wall or trying to figure out how you are going to get to the other side of a wide gap. After about 4 hours, when you are done, you will be relieved and excited and quite in awe of what you just accomplished. That is how
I still feel a year later, looking at pictures and remembering.

The main building may not be fancy, but the grounds are nice and clean. The owner Roby was as nice and helpful as could be. The non-fancy, but totally acceptable hot showers are such a treat afterwards. The price may seem high, but as mentioned in other reviews, it is well worth it when you consider how long the tour takes and what you are accomplishing. As a note, we did get a discount on the kids.

Our guide Dustin was not only a fantastic tour guide, but also gave a "cooking" class. We made
foil packets for beef, chicken, and vegetables as well as pineapple upside down cake before out tour. We cooked them in a fire while we we in the cave so a hot meal was waiting for us when we
were done. A great treat after a four hour work-out.

This tour is probably one of the most adventurous things our family has done and we have done quite a bit (zipping, repelling, rock climbing, rafting, dog sledding). It is not one of those tours that
you are going to be able to do at every tourist stop, so take advantage of it while you can. It's well worth it.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had the best time on the extreme tour! I can't tell you how much of an adventure this was. Dustin was a fantastic tour guide full of information and knowledge of the cavern. Roby, the owner, was very welcoming. I found this spot on the way to Branson. Pulled up Trip Advisor and thanks to the app and great reviews we gave it try.
A couple of things to remember as they will tell you too:
Wear jeans AND a belt. (Ladies no matter how tight your jeans will sag)
Wear shoes that can double and triple lace. Once you get in the red clay you sink and pulling your foot back up you may loose them.
Trust Dustin. If he says to go a certain way don't go off and do it your way. Move where and how he says move.
Also, if you do the extreme tours probably a good idea to not be scared of the dark, claustrophobic, to crawl pulling your body weight, know how to at least dog paddle, and can wiggle through tight spaces.
Lastly, have the time of your life!!

1  Thank amanda m