“THE BEST CAVE ADVENTURE EVER!”

Hurricane River Cave
Ranked #4 of 15 things to do in Harrison
More attraction details
Owner description: Currently closed for restoration.
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We have been through tons different cave tours and paid double of going through other caves.. however, this one was the best one ever and it is very reasonable and even cheaper than other cave tours plus the tour guides make sure you have a true cave adventure... prepared to get DIRTY and on your knees! They have huge adventures if you want it from beginning to advance. We climbed a 6ft ladder to go through a cave tunnel and we did get down on our knees and hands to get through it... and it was a lot of fun! I wish we had time and showed up earlier to do one of their 4hr tours.. we did the shorter tour, but I wish we did the longer ones!
I would go back in a heart beat and the owners are awesome!!! We loved Niki ( the great Pyrenees) on him coming with us and attending the tour by our side...
LOL A must cave to do and see, it was beautiful! we would go back in a heart beat! Beats all the other caves we went too and it was very reasonable priced to enjoy! We visited this while on our honeymoon and I would highly suggest it for families!

1  Thank jgirl57
There are newer reviews for Hurricane River Cave

Reviewed July 9, 2013

You will get to touch, stoop,squirm, and gasp! We are too old for the second and third levels of caving he offers, but what we were able to do was thrilling.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Unforgettable experience. I visited the cavern with a large group of Boy Scouts and we had a great time. After a week canoeing the Buffalo River and hiking to Whitaker Point, most everyone on the trip agreed that the Wild Cave tour at Hurricane River Cavern was the highlight of their week.

The tour was packed with thrills, some unique rock formations and interesting spaces. It was tight at times but nothing too scary. We had a large group so we had two guides to help out. Ideal group size would be 12 or fewer but we went with 21 and still had a great time.The cavern is privately owned and they were very flexible to accommodate our group. Our tour of the northern cavern lasted about 5 hours.

I wore a one-piece coveralls jumpsuit and five-finger shoes that were well-suited for the cave. A few in our group went with short sleeve shirts and/or pants and made it fine but weren't as comfortable.

Easy to find, paved road and nice facilities (they have showers so you can clean up after the tour). I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a thrilling activity for young people that they will not soon forget.

3  Thank orman77
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My mom and I just saw the sign and thought we'd stop in & give it a try and we are really glad we did. It was a true local experience plus a beautiful and fun cave. The tour guide was funny and intelligent. Definitely worthwhile and Ozarky!

4  Thank Hollandlilies
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We spent a few days of Spring Break 2013 at the Buffalo River Outfitter Cabins. We floated the river and had planned to visit Blanchard Springs Caverns while we were near. Blanchard Springs was closed on Mondays and Tuesdays so we googled and found Hurricane River Cave. It was AWESOME! The waterfall was beautiful; our guide was quite humorous, and the cave up close and in person. I've already recommended it to everyone I've talked to about what we did last week. Amy D.

3  Thank AmyandGregD