“Best cave experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best cave experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

My family and I have been to numerous caves and this one was different from all the others. First and most importantly, the tours were with a small number of participants so you could not only hear the guide but it was easy to ask questions and interact with him. It was easy to see the things described and hear the explanation. On other tours, the guide was hard to hear because there were too many people and by the time you got to the item they were describing, the guide would be explaining something else.
Secondly, the guide had an area of the cave that my family could climb through and he would meet us at the other end. It allowed for inquisitive children to some spelunking with parents close by.
Hurricane caves has a spectacular chandelier room, a live stream with a wishing pool, drapes, flowstones, soda straws to name a few. The cave have multiple levels and the Wild Cave Tour is known to be outstanding. The guide had numerous stories to tell about the history, findings and oddities of Hurricane River Cave. I learned more from this tour than from the others that I had visited. It is well worth going off the beaten path.

Visited September 2012
8 Thank Sue050556

Magnolia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What a find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I stopped on a spur of the moment decision. This was wonderful. One of the highlights of the entire trip. The owner was informative and gracious. This was a hands on experience. We are planning to return with our grown children for the 5 hour North passage tour.

Visited October 2012
4 Thank Rhonda T
Troy, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Definetely worth the visit. Great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

On our Arkansas float trip vacation we ended up in Hurricane River Cave and it became the highlight of our trip. The cave has an interesting history and was very enjoyable to explore. Roby was a very knowledgeable and entertaining guide. He even had a few extra minutes and we got to enjoy some great magic that he kindly performed for us. We just took the basic tour and can't wait to return and try some of the more challenging tours. Loved it!! Gary and Donna Koonce from Troy Mo.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank gary k
Sulphur, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wild cave tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

me and my wife did the deep north passage phase 1 and 3, we skiped phase 2 because we are out of shape. my wife was nervous the whole trip leading up to the tour thinking she wouldnt be able to do it. once there the guide Rolby had her laughing and cutting up, the tour is hard but doable. phase 1 is a lot of climbing and crawling and you will get very muddy, but Rolby lets you explore on your own while keeping a close eye on you and he doesnt rush you through any obstacles. phase 3 was a blast you hop down to the bottom of the cave into the water and walk out of the cave for 1 hr, water temp is a nice 58 degrees but you get use to it. if your having 2nd thoughts about doing this because your out of shape dont if me and my wife can do it you can too, you will be sore the next day but its well worth it.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank medicmoore410
Hays, Kansas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Adventure!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

What a blast!! Over Memorial Day weekend, my brother, his gf, my bf, and I toured the North Passage of the Wild Cave adventure. It was such an amazing and unique experience!! We crawled, squeezed, climbed, and swam for 2.5 hours through the cave. It was pretty intense at times and had us working up a sweat! We were even able to go off on our own a few times to check out different areas while others had a chance to rest. Our tour guide Roby was a great guy! He told us interesting stories throughout the trip and he really knew what he was doing. We have been wanting to do something like this for a long time and were very pleased with how it went. We were completely covered head to toe with clay mud and got a great workout too! The last part was wading/swimming through 1/4 mile of crystal clear water, but it was freezing! By the end, the four of us were exhausted and enjoyed the nice hot showers we were provided with. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who is looking for a great adventure!! TWO THUMBS UP! =D

Visited May 2012