“Very Nice Hotel”

Fairfield Inn Topeka
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This Hotel is very nice. We spent the weekend at this property and enjoyed the little time we were at Hotel. The berakfast was good (Fresh & Hot) and the kids enjoyed the indoor pool. Located near shopping and lot's of dinning. The Staff at this property get's an A+. Check in went smooth.The room was clean, Nothen was broke and once again the berakfast was good. I don't know about you but that's what i look for in a Hotel. Job well done.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jdub49la
John I, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you so much for the positive review. We value and sincerely appreciate all guest feedback. With out guests like yourself taking the time out of your day, to tell my staff and I how we did, we would never know what areas we are excelling at, and what areas we still need to work on. Once again thank you very much for your review, and we cant wait to see you next time!

Sincereley,
General Manager Topeka Fairfield Inn by Marriott

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I've been to some nice Fairfield Inns as of late, but this is one place to avoid. The hotel doesn't front Wannamaker Road, and you have to turn down a back street to get there. The parking lot is woefully inadequate, the lobby is cramped, and whenever there is anything above 50 percent occupancy, don't try eating breakfast unless you want to wait a long time, because the food will run out.

The corridors are mighty cramped, and unless you're willing to pay extra on top of already exorbitant rates for the larger room, you're going to be pretty cramped. I don't know what it is about Topeka, but it seems like nearly every decent hotel in that city is grossly overpriced. Other than the state capitol and Washburn University, this city offers nothing. And good luck trying to find stuff on the Interstates. You won't.

My suggestion? Keep driving.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank DNSKansas
John I, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel and I want to assure you that your complaints have been heard, and I have passed this information to my corporate office. Unfortunately I can not change the size of the parking lot, breakfast area, or Topeka in general, but being from a larger city myself, I definatley understand your perspective. We value and appreciate all our guests feedback, negative and positive alike. With out guests like yourself taking the time to convey your opinions and thoughts about our establishment, we can not continue to improve guest satisfaction. Once again thank you for your feedback and I sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Perfect hotel to stay in for a couple of nights. The staff is so helpful and kind and the hotel is clean and breakfast was just typical, but fresh. It's by a lot of shopping (chain stores) but worked out for us as we were able to go across the street to Walmart and pick up a couple of things we needed. Also went to Bed Bath and Beyond to get a gift. Loads of restaurants and a car wash too.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelera826

Thank you so much for the positive feeback about our hotel and staff. With out guests like yourself taking time out of your busy day to let us know how we did, we would not know what areas we are excelling at, and what areas we still need to improve upon. We value and appreciate all of our guests feedback, and we are sincerely happy that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again next trip, and thank you again for the review.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed here recently while visiting family in Topeka. It was a nice hotel with a decent rate. Our room was clean, and the staff was friendly. We loved the pool and breakfast. The breakfast is a continental breakfast, so they don't have eggs and bacon or anything like that. They did however have microwavable breakfast sandwiches and a waffle maker which I haven't seen with a continental breakfast before.

My only complaints are that there was a girls' sports team staying there as well, and we happened to go down for breakfast at the same time as them. If there are more than just a few other people at breakfast it gets pretty crowded. Also when we checked in we were told there was a certain time kids had to be out of the pool, and a later time for adults. I was going to use the hot tub (which was wonderful btw) after the kids' time, but there were still a bunch of kids in there at least half an hour after the time we were told they had to be out. Overall though, those aren't biggies!

We stayed in a larger king bedroom. I highly recommend that room!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SharayahM
John I, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will address the children being in the pool past 9pm with my staff, and ensure that this does not happen again. With out guests like yourself taking the time to complete these evaluations, we do not know what areas of the hotel we are strong, or weak at. We value and utilize all our guest feedback to make improvements and create a better stay for our guests. I sincerely thank you for taking the time to evaluate us, and I hope you choose to stay with us again, whenever you are in the area.

Sincereley,

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights on business in April 2012 and was very pleased. The wireless internet in my room was fast and with a strong signal so the Manager's comment responding to earlier reviews is correct - they did upgrade the system. This is a nicely remodeled Fairfield with the modern standard Fairfield decor. Rooms were very clean and the linens in excellent condition. Bed was very comfortable and the AC worked very well. The lobby and continental breakfast area are somewhat small, but was adequate. Breakfast was the typical Fairfield continental fare with a clean eating area. They have a very nice indoor pool and hot tub. Although there is no workout facility, guests can use the one at the adjacent Residence Inn. The location is convenient, very near the Interstate and many restaurants. There is plenty of parking. Overall, I was very pleased and will certainly chooose this hotel on future trips to Topeka.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TravellinDocs
John I, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We had a nice stay here on our way through town. Nothing fancy, but it met our needs. The kids enjoyed a dip in the pool and the free breakfast was decent.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Sunofthebeach
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Outside of slow wireless this is a decent Fairfield. Rooms have been remodelded so they are nice and lobby and continental breakfast was good. Wireless was one of the worst I have seen and my room was on lower level not to far from the lobby. There also is no workout facility which I did not catch when I made the reservation but they do have a nice indoor pool and hot tub.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank nesshouse
John I, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Response to review of stay on 12/7/2011.

We are pleased to announce that we have upgraded the bandwith, and internet speed. Guests can now enjoy a much faster responding internet, at no additional cost to the guest. I sincerely appreciate the comments listed above, because if were not for guests like the one who wrote this review, we would never know what areas we need to improve upon. We will continue to strive to the be the best hotel in Topeka, and continue to make improvements as needed to our hotel.