“Great hotel one of the Best in Topeka”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hyatt Place Topeka

Hyatt Place Topeka
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Houston, Texas
“Great hotel one of the Best in Topeka”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

This hotel is one of the best in Topeka. The rooms are a spacious mini-suites. The bathrooms are a bit small and that is the only downside. They have great breakfast sandwiches, fruit and other options in the morning which are much better than your standard hotel breakfast fare.

I stayed here when I was back visiting family over Christmas. The lobby is beautifully done and is similar to all the other hyatt places but it is a great model. I love the small bar in the lobby where you can grab a beer or glass of wine or cocktail. In the mornings you can get Starbucks coffee there as well which is a great perk. They also have menu you can order from but I did not eat at the hotel other than breakfast.

The hotel is well located just north of I-70 but far enough away and above so you don't hear the noise. It is also just up the road from the plethora of food and shopping options along the wanamaker corridor.

The best thing about the hotel though is the staff they are super friendly and willing to go out of your way to make sure you have a great stay. It is so unfortunate more hotels don't have this level of customer service. I especially appreciated the note under the door before we left wishing me well on the rest of my Christmas holiday and a Happy New Year. It was a very nice warm touch.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HyattPlaceMNGR, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Topeka, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Good Afternoon:

Thank you for the great rating and wonderful comments about our hotel staff. We are so blessed to have such amazing people working with us here!

We look forward to having you stay with us again! Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

This was an unusual experience. In a good way. Lucie greeted us with more customer-service finesse than I have experienced in 95 % of the places I have stayed. She was so eager to make our stay perfect. It seemed that it was just Lucie and Mick working. Odd for a large hotel. We opted to eat there, and were very happy we did. Had fun sitting at the small bar area having a glass of wine, a great flatbread, spinach salad and HUGE sandwich, chatting with Lucie and Mick and a couple other guests. The bed was very comfortable. It was such a quiet night's sleep. We awoke to find a hand-written thank you note under our door, wishing us a Happy New Year and "safe travels." And when we went to breakfast. My tummy was singing "hallelujah!" I can finally say it was something other than "the typical pre-fab breakfast." Fresh fruit salad with melons, pineapple, and Grapes. Two types of yogurts and toppings. Scrambled eggs and real sausage. French toast. And decent oatmeal that did not resemble paste. There were other options, as well. The presentation was very nice. The eating area was very pleasant. We will definitely stay here when back
In Topeka.

• Stayed December 2013
Good Afternoon:

I want to thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay at our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. It is always our goal to make each and every guest feel like a part of our Hyatt Place family.

We will see you again when you are next in Topeka. Until then, safe travels!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Clean, new, modern - comfy beds and helpful, friendly staff. Great price for a room. Rolled in late and walked in without a reservation. Front desk staff immediately matched on-line sale price. Slept like a baby, enjoyed a great shower (good pressure, lots of hot water, quality soaps and shampoo, big soft thirsty towels) - I'm a very happy camper!!

This place has everything a traveler could want. And no unpleasant surprises.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
HyattPlaceMNGR, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Topeka, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
Good afternoon! Thank you for your amazing review. We are glad that you are a happy camper! We look forward to having you stay with us in the future!
boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Five stars are for super clean, updated, big rooms. Excellent attentive service and good food. It's not a "Five Star" hotel, it's just super comfortable and quiet exceeding my expectations. I'd use this chain again without hesitation. Breakfast, bar and gym, while not "five star" hotel like are more than adequate. Lots of restaurants near by.

Stayed December 2013
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

In town for business. Decor is contemporary and nice but dirty carpet leaves you wondering about real cleanliness. Good thing I brought my slippers. Front dest personnel was friendly and helpful. He went out of his way to help me find someone to deliver dinner.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Boynton Beach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stay in hotels about 48 weeks a yr. I liked the front desk people at this one so much, I kept coming back...for months. Even though I had to call houskeeping frequently, disgusting carpets, dirty bathtubs, bugs in one of the rooms, I kept going back..until today. My rate has been all over the place and this week was particularly high. The lady who I asked about it said although they appreciated my loyalty......She would not give me the rate I had last week. After spending literally thousands of dollars at this hotel, really? I am now booked for the next two months at the Ramada. In my world, that was a poor business decision on her part.
Kudos to Lucy, Harry and Rasha.

Room Tip: Don't stay here