“An oasis in Topeka”

Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Charlotte, NC
“An oasis in Topeka”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I've stayed at several other hotels when visiting Topeka for business. You won't find a nicer property with better customer service.

On my last stay, my check-in was complicated (my fault - not the hotel's). They had some difficulty finding my record (again - my fault). Even though it was no fault of theirs, I found a sincere handwritten note under my door apologizing for the inconvenience.

The hotel is conveniently located at the end of Wanamaker, the main road in Topeka for restaurants. It's not a big city, so nothing is more than a 10-20 minute's drive.

I stay in all brands of hotels, and you can't beat Hyatt Place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bgsu3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stay in this hotel which we love. The good price, complimentary breakfast (excellent), big room, very comfortable beds and excellent service makes this hotel the best bet for the money.
The room is perfect for a familiy of 4.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Denver
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Simply put....This place is amazing!

The staff was excellent, The room was very clean, and the breakfast sandwiches are some of the best you will ever have.

A big thank you goes out to Sarah who helped me locate a facility to go skydiving.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Kurt T
Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

My review should be tempered by the fact that the hotel was very busy while we were there, and appeared to be slightly understaffed. The good: our king room was very spacious, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the toothpaste as a free toiletry came in handy (we were at the end of our trip and had run out). The not so good: check-in took a long time since the person checking us in was also making drinks for the huge crowd at the attached bar, breakfast selections were low on healthy food (but had plenty of high fat and high sugar items), and there wasn't nearly enough seating at breakfast (we had to beg our way into a table already seating another family). The price was pretty good and the location was convenient, so I would still recommend the hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Longmont,CO
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were very pleased when a large group of us used the Hyatt? Great staff- all very pleasant and accommodating despite being busy.

The hotel is also great- good size rooms. The breakfast options offered nice choices in a breakfast bar-

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rockdale
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Was only there for a short day, arrived 10:00PM and left 6:30AM next day. They do have an in house bar which is convienent and the morning breakfast was adequate. The breakfast did not start until 6:30 and the lady setting up did not have items in place until almost 7:00 so could not benefit from much at breakfast as it was not ready until we had to leave to go to project work site. Seemed to be a good location, close to a large shopping area and the kansas Speedway for race fans. Reasonably priced, very nice rooms. Beverages at bar were not very cold. Need to keep adult beverages colder.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I came into Topeka looking for a hotel close to 70 and on the west end. I was working a night shift about 25 miles west In St Mary's. The Hyatt Place could not have been in a better location for what I needed.

The service was extremely accommodating. Working a night shift, I'd miss the continental breakfast every morning, but the staff would still serve it to me around noon or 1 when I did wake up which they didn't have to do but I really appreciated it. Also I would typically be asleep during the normal room
Service hours, but if I needed anything picked up or re-stocked I could call and have them come up anytime. The staff was all very friendly.

Rooms are very nice, my first night they were pretty booked so I stayed in a double bed room. They switched me over to a King room the next night at no extra fee. Both rooms were set up the same, the double bed room was slightly bigger. Both have a very nice large couch, office area, small kitchen/bar area with sink and mini fridge, a 42-50in flat screen, a nice bathroom area, closet, and a large window next to the bed.

I would say the Value of this stay was priced correctly, you can stay a few places down the road for a slightly lower rate per night but you won't find the service, convenience, or coziness the Hyatt has to offer

• Stayed March 2013