“Nice Property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Rockdale
“Nice Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Was only there for a short day, arrived 10:00PM and left 6:30AM next day. They do have an in house bar which is convienent and the morning breakfast was adequate. The breakfast did not start until 6:30 and the lady setting up did not have items in place until almost 7:00 so could not benefit from much at breakfast as it was not ready until we had to leave to go to project work site. Seemed to be a good location, close to a large shopping area and the kansas Speedway for race fans. Reasonably priced, very nice rooms. Beverages at bar were not very cold. Need to keep adult beverages colder.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I came into Topeka looking for a hotel close to 70 and on the west end. I was working a night shift about 25 miles west In St Mary's. The Hyatt Place could not have been in a better location for what I needed.

The service was extremely accommodating. Working a night shift, I'd miss the continental breakfast every morning, but the staff would still serve it to me around noon or 1 when I did wake up which they didn't have to do but I really appreciated it. Also I would typically be asleep during the normal room
Service hours, but if I needed anything picked up or re-stocked I could call and have them come up anytime. The staff was all very friendly.

Rooms are very nice, my first night they were pretty booked so I stayed in a double bed room. They switched me over to a King room the next night at no extra fee. Both rooms were set up the same, the double bed room was slightly bigger. Both have a very nice large couch, office area, small kitchen/bar area with sink and mini fridge, a 42-50in flat screen, a nice bathroom area, closet, and a large window next to the bed.

I would say the Value of this stay was priced correctly, you can stay a few places down the road for a slightly lower rate per night but you won't find the service, convenience, or coziness the Hyatt has to offer

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank wpwiest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Great space in the room for our family, especially because the couch becomes a bed. Beds were too small to share for 2 grown ups so that extra space was nice. While we were staying there, the fire alarm went off around 6:00 am one of the mornings. That wasn't fun. And the breakfast (including the coffee) was terrible. The kids were fine with it because they served fruit loops, but the "warm" stuff not only wasn't warm but it didn't taste very good. It served our purpose but it wasn't my favorite.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cedar Hill, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Assuming you get to the hotel via the highway, you will exit at Wannamaker and you will see the hotel. However, it's not obvious how you get to it. The hotel has no signs. You will need to take the roundabout and exit toward the hotel. Then, you'll see a rock sign advertising the business complex adjacent to the hotel. There is a road on your left after that. Proceed down to the very end of the road and you can enter the hotel parking lot on the very back side. Then you have arrived.
The skillet breakfast at the hotel is very nice and we were able to get a skillet sandwich without an egg for my wife who doesn't like eggs but likes everything else on the sandwich. There are plenty of breakfast choices.
The weekend staff is very friendly and accomodating.
The Hyatt Place amenities are the same as others.
In this property, however, they do not have a thermostat to control the room temperature. You set it for either heat or cool and then the fan runs constantly - alternately heating or cooling. It would be a nice addition to put a simple thermostat on so that the fan can stop when the room temperature is where you want it to be.
Ice is only available on floors 3 and 5 - typical of a Hyatt Place.
The property is clean and well maintained and convenient to the highway, Topeka, etc.
There are many local restaurants within a short drive.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the ice maker.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Hyatt place Topeka is the best hotel in Topeka. Great staff,,great rooms and the food..... Wow it is awesome. I had a meeting in the meeting room and we ordered off the menu. My sandwich was great. I had to walk over to the kitchen and tell then cooks how good I thought it was.

I spent some time with the General Manager because he came right up to me to see how my stay was. He seemed generally concerned if I was happy. It was a nice touch.

If you travel to Topeka you should stay here.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Steven N
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I usually don't write reviews but me and my family's experience was so great I just had to! It was my hubby's birthday weekend and we wanted to go to Topeka Ks but not have to deal with going home that night so we booked in advance!! It was me my husband and 4 children. From the moment we walked in the door it was so nice pleasant and the staff was so friendly and helpful and made sure we got a room wanted on the floor we wanted!! The room was nice and clean the only thing was the smell at first like onions but it wasn't so bad after. The room was spacious we had two double beds and a pull out queen sized couch. It was more than.eenough room for our 6 person family: ). Anywhere else we go we will be staying at a Hyatt hotel Oh and the kitchen was nice and the breakfast too!! The beds were so comfy as Well. What a nice pleasant stay

• Stayed December 2012
Aspen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stopped through on a road trip and this hotel was shockingly nice. We expected just your standard hotel but this had a really nice large room, outstanding hot breakfast all set up, and was very clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple