Hyatt Place Topeka
$66
$65
$55
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $65/night.

$119
$109
Hampton.com
$84
Best Western Topeka Inn & Suites(Topeka)(Great Value!)
$79
$99
Hotwire.com
$98
Priceline
All reviewssectional couchwet barroom layoutsitting areacolorado springsrooms are largefree breakfastoutdoor poolroad noisegreat roomgreat place to stayroad tripking bedcomfortable bedsoatmealeasy accessup to date
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Modern, beautiful and very very clean. I would judge the Hyatt Place chain (part of hyatt hotels) as the equivalent in price to, for example, Hampton Inns or Courtyards by Marriott. The rooms are beautifully appointed and are designed as mini suites with a narrow wall separating the sitting and sleeping areas. We stayed for four nights and the housekeeping was excellent. A delicious and varied hot breakfast buffet was included in the room price. There is an open kitchen 24/7 where you can order sandwiches, salads, hamburgers and other beautifully prepared and presented light meals. The lobby incorportates a small bar serving drinks 24/7 and it is a delightful place to just sit or work. Similar hotels do not offer as many ammenities. We booked a month in advance and got a terrific rate. This hotel is definetly a 5 star in my book given the value for the money and its category.

Room Tip: Book in advance and look for promotions
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cita D
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I work in Topeka, but live a little over an hour away. Two to three times monthly, after a particularly long shift, I find myself just too dogged to drive home safely. After risking my life (and others) a few times pushing through the commute last year, I decided to try and find a Topeka hotel that I could use routinely when too sleepy to drive.

After trying out 6 different hotels (Capital Plaza, Comfort Suites, Holiday Inn Express, Ramada, Hampton and Hyatt Place), I can, without reservation, cast my vote for Topeka's Hyatt Place as the best in town.

Hyatt Place has the most comfortable beds, the most modern amenities. It also has the convenience of a 24 hour mini-restaurant which serves both decadant and healthy food options -- something many hotels lack these days. The free breakfast in the morning always satisfies. The rooms are affordably priced. The gym, though small, is better than those of its competitors in the area.

What keeps me coming back to the Hyatt Place in Topeka, however, is the hotel staff. They are always busy, yet consumately professional, smiling and kind. They consistently work hard to ensure I get the quietest room with my bed preference. They work to find rooms for me on the busiest of nights, even when I give them little notice to do so. This is a rare find in a large hotel chain's smaller box facility.

From one tired, hard-working traveler to my Tripadvisor bretheren, consider giving this hotel a try. You'll enjoy the amentities and will be treated like royalty.

Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Matt L
Reviewed August 9, 2012

One of the higher priced hotels in the Topeka area and definitely overpriced for what I got. I usually stay at Hyatt's and have not had a bad experience before. Room not cleaned the first day of our stay. Had to call the front desk for clean towels. Happened to be in the room when maids showed up one day and they spent a total of 5 minutes in the room, making the bed and providing clean towels. Didn't empty waste baskets, vacuum, clean around sinks, or replace used amenities. Front desk and kitchen personnel were outstanding. Breakfast was better than the usual Hyatt fare, with more hot choices. Even provided a local newspaper when USA today is the norm. Hotel also may be a bit difficult to find if you are not familiar with Topeka. Easy to see from the interstate, but after that, no signs to guide you to the hotel. May need to backtrack. Pool is outside only, so if traveling in winter, it is unusable. Also, business center internet was slowest I have ever encountered. Even when getting to the desired site, I was kicked-off twice. Spent final two days at another hotel. No free breakfast, but it was equal in room quality and better in price. Unless you get a great break on price, there are better options in Topeka.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

rooms are nicely appointed...our room was a suite...bed was extremely soft but the couch was firm...staff seemed bothered when I asked for a non-feather pillow...I had to go with them to housekeeping to get it...then I had to go back to get a pillow case.

Room Tip: don't ask for a quiet room...got one next to elevator
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Hyatt Place, Topeka is a wonderful hotel. We stayed a week in July while visiting family. The hotel was very clean and the staff is exceptionally helpful and friendly. If I had any suggestions for improvement it would be regarding a couple of the breakfast offerings. The blueberry waffles would get very hard and cold quickly upon placement in the breakfast area. The pancakes were rubbery. French toast, however, was awesome! We love steel cut oatmeal but was good on only one of the mornings we were there. The other days it was extremely water-logged and didn't taste right. The texture was off-putting.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family