Capitol Plaza Hotel Topeka
$89
$76
$132
$119
Best Western Topeka Inn & Suites(Topeka)(Great Value!)
$84
Travelocity
$109
$98
Travelocity
All reviewsexpo centerdog showembassy suitesnice hotelthe hotel staffbreakfast buffetstaff was friendlyenjoyed my staybusiness tripbed was comfortablenice staywafflesconferenceexpocentreatriumbanquetlounge
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week. We were there for our National Dog Specialty show. The place looked fairly run down from the outside, but when we got inside it was very nice. We had a very spacious well appointed room and bathroom. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom functioned well and was very clean. The staff was extremely accommodating from the check in staff to the cleaning staff. The hotel restaurant was extremely delicious and very reasonably priced for dinner. We never ate there for lunch because it only had buffets for lunch and what was on the menu everyday for lunch did not suit our tastes. The hotel had lots of green space around it which was great for dog walking. We also had room service for breakfast several mornings which was always on time and HOT! I have never actually had room service that wasn't look warm or cold. Again, very reasonably priced. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
CapitolPlazaGM, General Manager at Capitol Plaza Hotel Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear RRCazador,

Thank you for the review, and I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and the property. We are a "Pet Friendly" hotel and I love to see and pet all the different dogs. I am glad that you enjoyed the room service. Thanks again for the wonderful comments,

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Was excited as I pulled up to your hotel last week, walked in to a beauty. Then the sad little man behind the counter told me I was supposed to be there a day prior. End of conversation. He barely offered me alternate phone numbers for a different place to stay. I did make the reservation mistake, but a little hospitality - much less eye contact sure would have helped me feel better. Don't worry, the alternative hotel was a wonderful surprise - I will stay THERE any time I am in Topeka

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank brensltrs

Dear Brensltrs,

Thank you for taking the time to inform me of your experience last week. I apologize that the service was not top notch, and I have already discussed this with the Associate and their Supervisor. I have also asked to have each Front Office Associate re-trained on this procedure to insure proper service.

Again, I apologize that you had this experience, and appreciate you taking the time to inform me.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Was in town to judge the Ridgeback Specialty. The hotel was easily accessible off of the interstate. Grounds were well maintained and clean, despite there being a lot of dogs present. Kudos to the dog people for keeping the surrounding area clean. The room was large and comfortable, and clean. The bathroom was clean and well maintained. The biggest complaint I would have is the water was too soft. Whether the water softener was turned up too high or the water is that way naturally, I couldn't say. But it was almost impossible to get the shampoo washed out because the water was too soft. Use soap and shampoo sparingly. The staff was very polite and helpful. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel. The food was good. A bit pricey. Had a great waiter, very polite and attentive.

Room Tip: The rooms were quiet. We were on 4th floor. There was no noise from the road.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Lurcorsr

Thank you for the kind comments regarding your stay with us. You are very perceptive in regards to the soft water. We had just completed a new soft water installation the week before and the softness of the water was still being adjusted to the proper hardness. Thanks for the positive comments on the restaurant, rooms cleanliness, and our great staff. Hopefully we will see you for the shows next year. Thanks again!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Hotel was very clean and well-kept. The bar downstairs was very busy when I checked in (which I took as a good sign). My room was on the 7th floor, away from the elevators. I had no problem with noise except for the sirens I heard early in the morning. The room was very clean, decor was nice. Beds were very comfortable with plenty of covers. The pillows were very "squishy" which I am not a fan of, so sleeping was a little difficult due to that. I had breakfast and lunch in one of those conference rooms. Overall I was pleased with the selection and taste. Better than a continental breakfast but nothing fancy. Lunch was surprisingly good. It wasn't very appealing to the eye but tasted very good. The wait staff was excellent and very courteous!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Autumn P,

Thanks for your great comments regarding your stay with us. I am happy that you found the bed comfortable, but am sorry that the pillows were too "squisy" for your taste. I also prefer a "flat" pillow, so my wife makes me take my own.

I am glad that you enjoyed the Banquet meal, and that the staff were attentive.

Thanks again for your great comments.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed here Saturday night, the 19th of October 2013. I checked in in the early afternoon, tired after driving 300 miles. I tried to rest about 5PM but was unable to even after plugging my ears with cotton balls. There were a bunch of kids running up and down the hallway in front of my room (319), screaming, and slamming doors. I kept hoping it would end, but it did not, so I finally called the front desk between 7 and 8 PM. I talked to Dee. Instead of finding another room for me, she said to call the front desk next time it got unbearable. I finally went to bed about 10 PM and the noise from the bar downstairs, with loud talking and laughing coming from people who were enjoying one too many lasted until 1 AM. Finally, I figured I could now get some sleep. About 2 AM I got up to turn the heat on because it was very cold that night. I went through this routine every hour, raising the heat an extra degree each time. About 6 AM I figured it out: there was no heating!!

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor, and make sure the A/C is on or the heater, whichever the time of year may require. Insist on help because they will not offer it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert A

Dear Mr. Robert A,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us in October.

I apologize that there were kids running around at 5pm. I did speak with Dee and the assumption was that once the kids were all checked into their rooms and their dinner began, that the noise would subside. Our first remedy is not always to have the guest move, as it is an inconvenience for them. Dee did ask that if you were still being disturbed to let her know and she could move you if needed. We do have rooms on the North side of the hotel that are removed from the atrium, and any bar noise. I apologize that we did not offer to move you immediately.

All of our heating and cooling systems were operating that night, according to our computerized logs. If you had mentioned it at checkout, then it would have been input into our system, and corrected if there was a problem. I appreciate you letting us know via Trip Advisor, and hopefully upon checkout.

Thanks again for your comments.