“Great Food and Nice Service!”

Chez Yasu French Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 367 Restaurants in Topeka
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I went for the first time this week and had a fabulous meal and experience. The staff was very knowledgeable of the menu and it was authentic French cuisine. I recommend this to everyone. Good size portions and priced very good as well. Great place for a nice dinner or lunch out or a romantic date night. I actually had the beef tongue. I know your thinking gross, but it was delicious and very tender. Vegetables were also cooked perfectly.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Nice restaurant that serves a lovely dinner menu. Friendly staff, decent wine list. Cozy dining room makes for a comfortable, intimate dining experience. Had the duck and it was cooked perfectly.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Wow! Who knew? We went to dinner at this unpretentious spot near Washburn University, and we were blown away. Excellent wine, delicious salad, yummy entrees. Even the dessert and coffee were superior! I'll save my money and be back.

1  Thank DPSMINOZ
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Wow by far the most greatest dinning experiences ive had. I come from New York city, and i dont know how people say its over priced! I would pay double for what they offer. Thats how good quality their food is. Very good service, waitress was very knowledgable about everything, made good recomendations; and Found out also she made our delicious drinks too! You wouldnt expext this gem on the inside, but dont let that stop you. Its such a charming place. We had a nice complimentary dessert for our anniverssary as well.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Went there on a first date situation and relied on reviews on Yelp and Urbanspoon. They didn't do this justice. Had the crab cake as an appetizer; it would rival the Chesapeake Bay eateries on the ratio of crab meat and filler. Very good with a good sauce.

I had the squash soup before dinner and it was tremendous. Very solid and flavorful. For main course I had the Veal Picatta and it rivaled some of the best I have enjoyed in and outside of Italy. I like the place because it is not stuffy and the exterior looks more suited for a Pub or BBQ joint which doesn't matter at all to me. Very non-descript interior but all efforts are made on food quality.

If you are a wine snob it might not meet your desires, but it had a few selections that paired well.

Food was a 9.5; ambiance and service a 7.5 or else it would have received a five rating.