“comfortable surroundings with good food”

Chez Yasu French Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 359 Restaurants in Topeka
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Holton, Kansas
“comfortable surroundings with good food”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

we have had supper here several times and we have always had good food, attentive service and a quiet evening...our appetizers and entrees have always been beyond are expectations and most recently the light pastry dish with shrimp, scallops and mushrooms was exceptional. Have a drink or two and with tip you will be out of there for 100 or less.

• Visited March 2013

Denver, Colorado
“nice lunch spot”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stopped here for lunch on a weekday, so it wasn't at all crowded. Like others have said, the building exterior is far different from the pleasant interior, and it's a comfortable place to dine with local artwork in a cheery environment.

I ordered the stuffed sole which was quite good, and it came with bread and salad beforehand. The presentation was nice, although having carrot sticks as opposed to regular carrots seemed a bit... childish? But however they were prepared gave them a great taste.

The staff was friendly and service was efficient. The prices weren't bad either, and the serving size is just perfect. Given the limited number of ethnic restaurants in Topeka, I would really recommend this place if you like French food.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Gillian A
Topeka, Kansas
“A dissapointment again.”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We dined here on New Years Eve. I had the duck which was underdone and chewy. Not the first time I've had this problem with this restaurant. My wife had sea bass and really liked it. My dessert was ok, but I could have done better and I'm not a chef. Considering the level of restaurant this is supposed to be I expect to be wowed by the food, not just mildly pleased. My wife can make meals that are much better than anything I've ever had here!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Eric P
Lawrence, Kansas
“Good at times”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a strange restaurant, mainly due to its ambience. The food has been unusually good at times, and at times, forgettable. The service has been average to poor, and never good.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank labamba8
Topeka, Kansas
“Good French food”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Don't have too many ethnic food options in Topeka. This was good, kind of pricey. Must have reservations. Very quiet atmosphere.

1 Thank Heidifund