“Nice atmosphere and good food.”

Chez Yasu French Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 359 Restaurants in Topeka
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Hays, Kansas
“Nice atmosphere and good food.”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I am in Topeka 6-7 times per year and I always make it a point to eat here. The food is awesome and the atmosphere is refreshing after a a long drive, The mashed potatoes are super good!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Errol_2010

Topeka, Kansas, United States
“Hidden French Gem in Topeka”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Chez Yasu is a little (and I do mean little) reastaurant in the middle of Topeka. The food is wonderfully prepared whether for lunch or dinner. Best of all, it is quiet. It isn't the least expensive restaurant, but the quality of the food and the service makes it a memorable experience. For dinner, a reservation is a good idea. I haven't seen many small children, but I assume they can accomodate them.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Don T
Hutchinson, Kansas
“Excellent food”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The looks on the outside are deceiving. This restaurant does not have a fancy exterior but is very tastefully decorated on the inside with linen tablecloths and interesting art work. The food was great. The bread was served warm, salad chilled well with an excellent house dressing. My family each tried something different, veal, salmon with a tasty sauce, and a herb chicken dish that everyone thought was delicious. It was served with potatoes and a vegetable, both very good. We took the advise of a Topeka resident and were glad we did!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank cdbk
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Nice, Quaint French Restaurant”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I ordered escargot, French onion soup, house salad w/ house dressing, seafood crepe w/ mashed potatoes and green beans. Linen table cloths, china and a nice home feel. All of my food was good, the service was good and I liked the atomosphere. I felt like I was at a chef friends house for a nice dinner. I will say the outside of the restaurant does not match the inside. The outside looks like a saloon.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank David S
Austin, Texas
“Excellent, small place”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Tried this on a Tuesday night, didn't think we needed reservations but they a party that took all of one room, we got the last table in the lobby but it was great, really only like one seating so there was no traffic. Great little French menu and wine list. Simply prepared but very good. Two of us usually end up splitting an appetizer, salad, entree and desert and everything we had was good. Especially liked the stuffed sole. Parking easy and it's in a good part of town.

• Visited October 2012