“A hidden gem!!!”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The food is fabulous! It is not located near the busy Wanamaker corridor, but it is easy to get to and well worth the trip.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Chez Yasu really is good food, although it's a bit pricey. Go ahead and try the escargot -- it's not at all scary! We treated ourselves to creme brulee as well, and it was wonderful.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Excelllent food, very gourmet. Most perfectly cooked vegetables I've tever eaten at a restaurant. Portion sizes are not American, so if you're a big eater you'll probably need to order two entrees, but I liked the experience of feeling satisfied rather than overstuffed. A little on the pricy side.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have eaten at this restaurant many times and found it to be solidly good each time. It being in Topeka, it is not as elegant as French restaurants in other cities though. It is one of the few trusted restaurants and is also not part of a faceless chain. For Topeka, it's on the more expensive side. Also, diners tend to be on the older side. Great food!

1  Thank suelhallmd
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My wife and I ate dinner here on May 4 and had one of the best restaurant meals we will have in 2012 and we eat out at least 100 times a year. The food was excellent - I had filet and my wife had seafood. Each was prepared with a very flavorful sauce that was not spicy (we do not like spicy foods), but was flavored with herbs. The atmosphere in the restaurant was quiet even though the restaurant was nearly full. Therefore, my wife and I could talk with one another and we could hear each other across the table.

1  Thank tmaier69