“One of the few good restaurants in Topeka”

Chez Yasu French Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 357 Restaurants in Topeka
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Topeka, Kansas
“One of the few good restaurants in Topeka”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have eaten at this restaurant many times and found it to be solidly good each time. It being in Topeka, it is not as elegant as French restaurants in other cities though. It is one of the few trusted restaurants and is also not part of a faceless chain. For Topeka, it's on the more expensive side. Also, diners tend to be on the older side. Great food!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank suelhallmd

Rochester, New York
“One of the best restaurant meals I will eat this year, 2012”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My wife and I ate dinner here on May 4 and had one of the best restaurant meals we will have in 2012 and we eat out at least 100 times a year. The food was excellent - I had filet and my wife had seafood. Each was prepared with a very flavorful sauce that was not spicy (we do not like spicy foods), but was flavored with herbs. The atmosphere in the restaurant was quiet even though the restaurant was nearly full. Therefore, my wife and I could talk with one another and we could hear each other across the table.

1 Thank tmaier69
topeka
“"SMALL BUT CLASSY"”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I am a fan of this place. I have had meals there two to three times a month for the past few months and it is consistently great.
One of the top 3 eateries in Topeka.

Scottsdale
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

What a surprise when we pulled into the parking lot and walked into the Chez Yasu. White table clothes and a modest charming decor greeted us but the food was the star attraction. We both ordered Quiche Lorraine which came with perfectly cooked carrots and snap beans. This was preceded by a green salad, the meal was excellent! The desserts looked fantastic but we were too full to order.

Kansas
“Good restaurant without attitude.”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Very cosy and neat dining floor. Menu is not changing over time but the food is consistently well executed and delicious. The items on the menue are not as French as they claim, but still deliver on the taste. Not a big wine list and not very many French bottles on the list. Good service. Overal very good and reliable restaurant.

1 Thank Jehangard