“please with our stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Colorado Springs
“please with our stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

The staff was very helpful. The breakfast was a good one with some hot food options. Room was clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

topeka8, General Manager at Super 8 Topeka/Wanamaker Rd/I-70, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey for our Super 8 Motel in Topeka!
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and are glad we met and exceeded your expectations! We hope to see you again in the near future, thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Golden, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel is among several others, but we opted to stay here because we were just pulling over for the night passing though Kansas and were looking for something inexpensive. Check-in was incredibly fast and the person at the front desk was very friendly, even suggesting discounts that might apply to us. The room seemed to be in the middle of a gradual upgrade, with a mix of new and old decor and fixtures. The room was basic as you'd expect — not very comfy — but included a mini fridge, microwave, hairdryer and shampoo. The worst thing was that there was no warm blanket on the bed, just some thin, stiff blanket that actually had stains on it which were noticeable right away. We didn't bother bringing it to anyone's attention; just didn't use it and brought in our own from the car. Overall, not the worst place I've stayed but not the best, even in the low price range.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lansing
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

The location is right off I-70 and Wanamaker Rd. The room was decent and the help was very friendly. However, the parking is inadequate for the amount of rooms they have and the motel is next to a busy street.

The beds had some kind of cover on it that was stiff and very thin. They had a blanket in the drawer instead of on the bed.

Also, when I inquired about getting a room with two beds instead of a queen, they told me they would have to charge for it. This seemed strange to me since if you book online, the rooms are the same price. I did not change rooms because of this.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo