Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
$83
$75
$107
HIExpress.com
Best Western Topeka Inn & Suites(Topeka)(Great Value!)
$84
$132
$109
Hotels.com
1,589 results
All reviewsblues barfront deskbreakfast buffetatrium areaan older hotelexcellent stayindoor poolbusiness tripthe breakfast areastaff was friendlydinermikeuncleksinterstate
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I am writing to express how wonderful the staff treated me and my family. My father passed away and my family gathered in Topeka from all over the country for the funeral. From my very first telephone contact with Stevie Lopez to make arrangements for a block of rooms for the family, to the final day when we all went home, the entire staff was comforting, accomodating, friendly and professional. We all wish to share our appreciation for the excellent care the facility and staff afforded every one of us in a sorrowful situation.
From the entire family of Joseph F. Kass, deceased.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank hdsiff
TopekaRamadaGM, Manager at Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2016

Thanks for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed August 18, 2009

We traveled back home from vacation and arranged to stay overnight in Topeka, choosing this hotel based on the recommendations posted by others on this site.

We were greatly disappointed to find that the hotel amenities shown on the website are not what you find when you get here.

We checked in and the desk clerk was so interested in getting my credit card that she neglected to tell us the only way to access the lobby from our room in the tower was via the first floor and not the ground floor. We wandered around the ground floor and found only empty convention rooms before we called the front desk to get directions.

Our room had no information directory, so I called guest services to ask about the wireless internet and mentioned several times that we did not have a guest directory. No offer was made to provide one. We had to call guest services every time we needed to get information such as "Where are the ice machines?" only to be told the ice machines are located on odd numbered floors (oh, and the one on the ninth floor doesn't work). A request for a guest directory was met with, "We don't have them at the front desk, try housekeeping."

The room itself is simple -- two very firms beds with sheets on the mattresses. Refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot are included in the room. The hotel is quiet, but I think it's because no one is staying here.

The diner in the hotel is nothing special, the food is OK but nothing to yodel about. It's pretty much the only place to eat dinner around here unless you want to get in the car and drive through unseemly sections of downtown Topeka.

I find it particularly alarming that the door from the back parking lot to the tower elevators is not secured, so anyone can wander in and out freely.

My impression of this hotel is that it's like putting perfume on a hog. It might smell better, but it is still a hog.

We do not recommend this hotel to others and would not stay here in the future.

• Stayed: August 2009
TopekaRamadaGM, General Manager at Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2009

I would like to apologize for the confusion that Cakokoro had while at our hotel. We have an undercover parking garage at our hotel that is on 24 hour video surveillance by our security staff so our guests can feel safe while they are away from their vehicles. The security staff offices are also located in the parking area with large windows overlooking the garage for increased security presence. To add to our guests safety, at 10pm each evening, our security staff locks all entrances except for the main entrance and guests can only access those entrances with an active room key. Guest can only receive an active room key with a valid ID that matches the name on the reservation.

Being that this is a very large and busy hotel, we have 24X36 ft signs with proper directions all around our hotel to help our guests get from place to place with ease. On our ground floor, our guests will find access to the main floor via four elevators or two stairwells spaced evenly along the groundfloor hallway directly beside the convention rooms. Once again, directional signs are conveniently places along the ground floor for guests access.

Finally, I would like to apologize for the service she received by our Guest Services staff. We did not make a very good effort to take care of our guests with a simple request of receiving another guestroom directory. If any guests ever has a question, concern, complaint, etc.. at the hotel, please feel free to contact my directly. My extension is in the guestroom directory or you can call Guest Services and they would be happy to transfer the call to my office.

Reviewed August 18, 2009

Stevie Lopez, the Desk clerk was just wonderful. She went out of
her way to help us get situated, held our car keys for our kids, in
case the kids needed to use the car, gave us ideas for great places
to eat and visit in the Capitol City.

1  Thank luckielady

Reviewed August 11, 2009

I've stayed at the Ramada before and was not impressed, so when my company booked me for another stay, I asked to change hotels but was told to stay here and that I would enjoy it, that it was better, so I took a chance. I was surprised! The rooms were quiet and clean, the staff was friendly. At check-in Jessa made me feel at home and had a nice conversation with me. I truly enjoyed my stay and will recommend every one stay at this hotel if coming to Topeka.

1  Thank gulstravels

Reviewed August 11, 2009

I had the opportunity to stay at the Ramada Inn for a meeting. I was pleasantly surprised at the service and how clean the hotel was. The rooms were spacious with both a microwave and fridge. It was easy to check in and out and the staff was very helpful.

1  Thank theresanib
TopekaRamadaGM, General Manager at Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2009

We appreciate your review and are glad you noticed the cleanliness of our hotel. We pride ourselves on making sure the hotel is cleaned to the highest standard for each and every guest. The fringe and microwave combos are in all 256 rooms of the hotel and make it very convenient for our guests. We will also be adding new chairs, activity tables and tv stands to go in our double queen rooms, which complement our other purchases of desks, desks chairs, bedding and multimedia adaptors for our king rooms, and don't forget our new partner the San Francisco Soap Company providing us with world class soaps, shampoos, and lotions...We love spending money for you here at the Ramada!!!