“workout facility seriously poor condition”

Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Topeka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Hays, Kansas
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Staff is great. Dan helped me with my reservation and was outstanding! I am staying for 5 weeks and although I am in the older part of the hotel it is fine for me. Maid service is very good as well. Only reason I did not give them five stars is because of the restaurant and bar.
Restaurant food is below average and the staff is not great. Bar staff is fine but the bar is very small and they consistantly ran out or did not have what customers wanted. Expanded cable in the bar would be nice as well. Several sports games could not be aired because of the limited cable selection.
Overall: Nice place to stay with great staff. Restaurant gets a C-

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TopekaRamadaGM, General Manager at Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Razzer72,

Such detailed reviews like yours really help our hotel improve so a big thank you for your comments. Our guest services manager Daniel really is outstanding and I will make sure to tell him that. Since he came on board in 2011, our front desk department has really grown and become one of the best in the business. Our housekeepers do a great job as well. Thank you for your honesty about the restaurant. We will use your comments to help improve the dining experience.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and hope you choose to stay with us again!

Rodger Fry
Fayetteville, AR
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at the Ramada on business recently and since my room was booked for me, I didn't have control over where I stayed. When I first arrived at the hotel, my first thought (based on the outside) was that it was an older property. No surprise there, it seems that every Ramada I'm in has seen it's day. The lobby perked me up a bit. It was spacious, nice, clean, lots to look at (a little room that was almost a museum for the hotel with newspaper clips telling its history and whatnot). The front desk was extremely courteous and check in was a breeze. In fact, the service from hotel staff the entire time was great. They even called after check in to make sure I got to the room okay.

Now, on to the room. It was nice. The furniture nice (the chair a bit worn, but no big deal). Lighting was good, bathroom was super clean, bedding was clean. However, it was stuffy and warm. Mind you, it was pretty cold outside, but I don't need to be suffocated! I turned the thermostat down to 55 to try to get the heat to turn off. It never did. Turning off the fan only made it worse. It was just HOT in that room. I can't sleep in the heat so imagine how my two nights there went!

I can't speak to the comfort of the bed... I couldn't sleep or get comfortable, but had the room been cooler and less stuffy, I might have fallen to sleep right away. Hard to tell. I requested more pillows thinking that would help and they delivered them right away. Still, couldn't sleep.

Also, the doors to the rooms SLAM shut and are noisy. Starting around 5AM, my neighbors started going in and out... in and out.... in and out. Because it's a convention center, there was a lot of that. I think if it didn't have the conference services attached, there wouldn't be as much of that as guests wouldn't be staying there all day.

All in all, I think the room was worth the price. My tips - bring ear plugs and a portable fan and you'll be good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ehwin,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. Being a historic hotel in Topeka, I'm glad you were able to read about our past in the history room. We also have a War Museum inside the hotel and I hope you were able to enjoy that as well. I'm happy check in was a breeze and that the front desk made sure you got checked in alright. Thank you for bringing the temperature issue to our attention. I will address this our maintenance department as well as the noisy doors.

I really appreciate your detailed feedback and hope you choose to stay with us again!

Sincerley,

Rodger Fry
Travelers also viewed these Topeka hotels
Clubhouse Inn & Suites - Topeka
#24 of 32 in Topeka
Comfort Suites Topeka
Comfort Suites Topeka
#7 of 32 in Topeka

Been to Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center

Property: Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Address: 420 SE 6th, I-70 at West Exit 362B and East 361B, Topeka, KS 66607, Topeka, KS 66607
Location: United States > Kansas > Topeka
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#13 Business Hotel in Topeka
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center 3*
When traveling to Topeka or passing through Kansas, why stay anywhere else when you can stay at a national award winning hotel? The full service Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center is a Back-to-Back national award winning hotel for Ramada Best of 2010 & 2011. The hotel is conveniently located on Interstate 70 making it a short 15 minute drive to anywhere in the city and only two blocks from the downtown financial district and state Capitol. On weekends, experience some of the best Live blues music in the nation at Uncle Bo's LIVE Blues bar featuring many Grammy nominated and award winning artists. You do your thing, leave the rest of us. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Convention Center, Downtown Topeka Hotel Topeka