“WORST DESK CLERK EVER”

Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Branson, Missouri
“WORST DESK CLERK EVER”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This hotel is old and worn out.The Front desk agent Brandee Gibson was the rudiest front desk clerk i have ever experienced.. She didnt smile, had a hateful attitude , and when i was telling the manager about it she was standing behind him looking right at me with a sarcastic grin on her face.You can probably get a cleaner more up to date room for about half the price of the room and probably will get a smile. For one thing customer service isn't spelled Brandee Gibson.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jacmook
TopekaRamadaGM, General Manager at Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
I thank you for your feedback and I apologize for the the way you feel you were treated at the front desk. I personally spoke to you and your group about the issues that you were having at check in. I understand there was confusion regarding your reservations. While the reservation issues were not related to anything our hotel had control over I apologize if Brandee was not accommodating. When I heard the raised voices from your group at the front desk I immediately removed Brandee from the situation and took care of you personally. The miscommunication caused an issue at the front desk that neither my staff nor your group handled appropriately. I spoke with the member of your group that was in charge and assured him as well as you that I will handle any guest service issues with Brandee and all of my staff. I expect that my staff always accommodates our guests to the best of their ability. While her message was correct I can assure you I will review the way she handled it with her and her supervisor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
WICHITA
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I spent more than $100.00 for one night and didn't even have an option for air conditioning in my room. The hotel said they turn off the air at a certain time of the year. My kids have allergies and opening the window was not an option. And who would want to open a window in that part of town. That neighborhood was scary! I was also disappointed in the employees. When I walked up to the desk to check in there were three female workers all looking at computers and not a one of them asked to help me. I had to say "would anyone like to check me in today". There was a waitress in the bar who must have told 3 or 4 people why she was so late getting to work...she had spent all night and morning in jail...nice. Needless to say, I think we spent way more money than needed in that place. We will never be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Your experience at our hotel is not typical and concerns me. I sincerely apologize that there was an issue with your AC. During these months of the year we work very hard to ensure that the temperature of the rooms and facility is comfortable for our guests. While we do not necessarily "turn off the air", depending on the temperature outside the system will cool or heat accordingly. I feel the staff could have handled that request more efficiently and I've talked with the Maintenance Director regarding a more efficient and expedient solution to resolve this. We focus a lot of energy on the front desk service level and the experience you depict, while not common, does not meet my expectation. I have spoken to each person at the front desk and reiterated our rule of always acknowledging our guests in the lobby no matter who they are. I will also address the comment regarding the bartender's comments. Whether or not that happened it is not something our guests should be hearing.I do hope you give us another chance when you return to Topeka and you are more than welcome to contact me directly regarding those accommodations.
Travelers also viewed these Topeka hotels
Clubhouse Inn & Suites - Topeka
Ramada Topeka West
Ramada Topeka West
#23 of 32 in Topeka
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Topeka West

Been to Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center

Property: Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center
Address: 420 SE 6th, I-70 at West Exit 362B and East 361B, Topeka, KS 66607, Topeka, KS 66607
Location: United States > Kansas > Topeka
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#13 Business Hotel in Topeka
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center 3*
When traveling to Topeka or passing through Kansas, why stay anywhere else when you can stay at a national award winning hotel? The full service Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center is a Back-to-Back national award winning hotel for Ramada Best of 2010 & 2011. The hotel is conveniently located on Interstate 70 making it a short 15 minute drive to anywhere in the city and only two blocks from the downtown financial district and state Capitol. On weekends, experience some of the best Live blues music in the nation at Uncle Bo's LIVE Blues bar featuring many Grammy nominated and award winning artists. You do your thing, leave the rest of us. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Wyndham, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Topeka Downtown Hotel and Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Convention Center, Downtown Topeka Hotel Topeka