“Water slide”
Review of Ramada Topeka West

Ramada Topeka West
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

If you want to be number one on you child's list, this is the place to stay. Not only are the rooms nice and clean, but there is an inside water slide for the kids!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Joylma

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed there two differnent times, the first time we had no hot water.

We stayed two different times. The first time we didnot have no hot water, we told the manager and she did say she was sorry and gave us free beakfast which was good so we gave it a nother chance in different room. The next time we stayed they put us on third floor and the air conditinor didn't work so they moved us to a different room. The pop machine didn't work and the water slide didn't either.

Room Tip: Make sure everything is working
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank tammy b
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The breakfast had half, to three fourths, cooked bacon, three fourths cooked, old tasting sausage, runny, milky eggs, and cool, bland biscuits. The sealed cartons of milk was good. Had a sore throat the day after swimming the pool. Seen many kids dropped off at the motel to swim. The pool was packed with kids. The motel contracted out for a wedding dance and a reunion. People partied past two thirty in the morning in various rooms. The staff did little to curtail this. Many complaints were called to the desk. I called three times over two hours. Lost five hours of needed sleep. At one thirty in the morning, I was offered a room away from some party rooms. Found that many of the partiers were not hotel guests (by staff's admittance). The staff cowarded to these people and let them go on, which is against the motel's policy (their words again). Was also offered a free breakfast by 'J' for my lack of sleep. Just too kind of an offer. Breakfasts are free anyway. 'J' also avoided referring me to the management. I stay in Topeka a lot. Not here again. Priceline, take note. And I'm not done here. A very poor showing overall.
Mark

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mark f
Reviewed June 15, 2012

the establishment is beautiful, walking into the lobby with sounds of the waterfall and the children in the pool area, moist scent of pool water! the staff is professional and service wonderful. my room was so relaxing, such nice decor, clean, clean, clean. bed comfortable. even a fridge and microwave. perfect temperature control. and the included hot breakfast includes everything from fruit to bacon. a good value for the money...I wish I could say more, I wish I could give more stars. my stay was the most enjoyable aspect of my trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel this weekend with our youth baseball team for the weekend. If you are like most teams tournaments are a chance for players and parents to bond out of town and play some baseball. This hotel is not the place to go if you want that! The familys met in the main area by the pool but after a little while management came to us and told us there is a 10:00 p.m. curfew for parents and kids! Because of this our night was shortened early. The second night we tried to get together in another area and again management shut us down. We went outside and put coats on to get our team time together. I could not believe this! This is a good hotel if your goal is to just check in and go to your room. BASEBALL TEAMS BE AWARE!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kecrawf
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Topeka West, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Dear kecrawf,

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and comfort of the hotel. It is in a great location, close to the I70 for travelers and good restaurants nearby. The bed and bedding were very comfortable and the full hot breakfast which was included in the price was the best I have had for a breakfast buffet. It's a great stop for travelers.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Bearcage
Reviewed April 25, 2012

The staff was great, rooms were clean, overall was a great stay. My only complaints is that in order to get a Microwave and Fridge you have to upgrade to a King Suite. Which I was on business so I had an allowance. However, I was able to use my military discount which was nice. The guy that checked me in was very helpful, and courteous. I would stay here again if I ever had to.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business