Ramada Topeka West
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsan older hotelwill stay there againfront desk staffstaff was very friendlystevie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I am a Platinum Member, and I usually have to remind the clerk that I am. Not here, they were ready for me. Room was clean, very nice, internet was fast, and a good selection of channels on the TV. All things I look for, all good.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I don't travel or stay at hotels much. So this is a new experience for me.

The parking is a bit cramped there. I don't know what was happening in the area when I came through, but a lot of the hotels I had called told me they were full. I was only able to make a reservation here because I was only staying for one night.

The inverted motel set up looked really interesting to me. The hotel is three stories, but the hallways are set up like a motel's walkways; instead of them being on the outside of the building, they are on the inside. (Again, I'm new to the whole hotel thing.)

The one thing I did not like too much was the proximity of the pool area to the rooms. I had arrived in the area mid-afternoon after an 8-9 hour drive and was dead tired. When I went to take a nap a family went to use the pool and their kids would not stop yelling. Luckily I was so tired I fell asleep anyways.

Other than that my room was nice and had a fridge. There are amenities in the bathroom in case you forget any, but you can also go to the front desk for anything else. There is both a wired and wireless internet connection available which is nice.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 8, 2011

This was night 6 on our cross-country trip from NY to LA. We booked this blindly through Priceline and are pretty happy. The old Holidome architectural vibe is great, like walking back to the 1970s.

There's an indoor water park, with a 3-story water slide, but it has limited hours, and my wife and I were disappointed that it wasn't open during our stay at all.

The room was very large, with a separate couch/sitting area. Like the overall hotel, the room was dated and not recently renovated. Generally everything was clean, although we found a used, albeit refolded, washcloth in the bathroom.

Another complaint: The Internet is offensively slow. Even plugging in the ethernet cable, even email was really slow. I'm guessing too many other rooms are streaming video but in 6 hotels/nights, this is the first time we have had slow internet.

Room Tip: Many rooms overlook the pool area, which may get loud.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eric-A95
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We got a poolside room for $89/night. The room is a tad dated with a microwave and dorm size refrigerator. The breakfast includes things such as scrambled eggs, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, cold cereals, toast and fruit but NO OJ! You have to pay extra if you want OJ....thought that was different. The pool is small but warm and the water slide was fun and "fast" as my children told me. Hot tub was clean. They have a game area which has 2 pool tables, foosball table and about 6 various arcade games. The prices range from .50 - $1. The hotel was fine, wouldn't want to spend much more than we did for a room here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2011

This is an old school Holidome that brought back good childhood memories. It has recent updates. This was just a place for us to stop overnight to sleep and continue on West. Interior doors, felt safe. We had a quick dinner in the bar and the next morning a nice breakfast. Everything was pretty clean.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family