“Room not cleaned just bed made”
Review of Econo Lodge Topeka

Econo Lodge Topeka
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The room was not clean when arrived, found several empy can, trash etc. Also pillows from previous nights stayers were laying in the same spot as where they slept on the couch and the chair. will not stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
TMIHospitality, Manager at Econo Lodge Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Sarah G,
Thank you for your review of my hotel. Please accept my apologies for your room not being cleaned. This is completely unacceptable, and I have already addressed your concerns with my housekeeping staff to ensure it does not happen again. Please allow us another opportunity to change your mind on your next trip to Topeka.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed for four nights and were very pleased with the hotel. The front office staff was friendly and always greeted us when we came in or left. The parking was never a problem even though we got back late at night.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We had three rooms for three nights and were very please with all aspects of our stay. Very friendly staff. The staff helped us with directions and cleaned our rooms when we were out. The breakfast was really good and they kept is stocked. There was iced tea and lemonade in the lobby at all times and pretzels most of the time. We will definitely go back! Thank you for a great experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
DCOWARD1920, Manager at Econo Lodge Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you angain next year

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Pool was gross. Water was very hazy. You couldn't see your feet or even the bottom step of the staircase through the hazy water. We found a piece of poop floating the first day and a dead cricket the second day. The last day we were there, the hot tub was very gunky.
Room cleaning happened very late in the day, no elevator and no available rooms on the first floor for my elderly parents, shower drain was very slow.
Staff was helpful and nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
TMIHospitality, Manager at Econo Lodge Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Jennifer C,
Thank you for commenting on my hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the negative experience you had while you were our guest. We strive for all of our guests to have a clean and comfortable stay, and it sounds like we let you down. I have already addressed your comments with my staff to ensure immediate action. If you'd like to further discuss your stay please contact me at your earliest convenience. Please allow us another opportunity to change your mind on your next trip to the area.

Sincerest apologies,
785-273-5365

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We just arrived and from the moment we entered the hallways it reaked of stale smoke. Our room got worse as the minutes went buy. The toilet sprays water everywhere. There is a moisture line on the ceiling and I'm hoping the ceiling doesn't cave in as we sleep in this smoke stink room. I don't even know what to expect for breakfast! Not pleased at all with my stay here so far, 30 min in

• Stayed: September 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Econo Lodge Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Jamie L,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm so sorry to hear that you had a negative experience while staying with us. Please accept my apology about the toilet. I will have my maintenance staff attend to it right away. I also apologize about any smell you encountered. I will have my housekeeping staff put a renewed focus on neutralizing any odors. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to change your mind and stay with us again the next time you find yourself in Topeka.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Spent all of five hours at this hotel. Room had that familiar stale smoke odor that so many old hotels have, only stronger. Would have asked for another room except I had to be up in four hours. Front desk couldn't find the reservation I had made several hours earlier for ten minutes, not usually a big deal but it was 2 am and needed to get to sleep. Front desk gal was pleasant, breakfast was the usual selection of items, room was fine except for that smell.

Room Tip: Ask for a sniff test before you accept your room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at Econo Lodge Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Bob Q,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am so sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory experience with us and I apologize for the smoke smell in your room. Unfortunately we can not stop every guest from smoking in our rooms, but we do try our best to remove the odor. I do hope you give us a chance to make things right and try us again next time you find yourself in the area.

Donna Coward

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Check in and check out was good with no problems. The room reasonably clean, but with a slight musty smell. Continental breakfast was OK. Good value for the rate paid. Only complaint was the musty smell.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family