“Great staff and rooms! Yuck Bathroom!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Topeka Inn & Suites

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Coupeville
“Great staff and rooms! Yuck Bathroom!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The two ladies working the front desk were extremely accommodating and so helpful! I had so many questions and they were super patient and did great answering all of them! I was concerned about the room appearance as my son had just learned to crawl and they were happy to let me go look at a room before deciding. The room was great! very updated.
I was also worried about our belongings in our car as we were moving across the country and had lots of stuff we had to leave in it. They ladies reassured me that if I parked between their cars they could see it the whole night and to not worry.
The only negative with the room was that the bathroom was not updated and "looked" clean, but I learned when i gave my son a bath that it was GROOOOOSSSSS. There were those grip mats glued to the floor of the tub, but when it was full of water it floated in parts and the nastiest stuff floated up! I never ripped my baby out of anything so fast and held back my gag reflex! i won't get into detail! But they need to pull those mats and clean clean clean!
Lastly, there was an extremely loud guest pacing their room above us, all night. I do mean all night. The front desk did try to help but to no avail. Not their fault. Just some guests don't realize their sharing space!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
raj32250, Manager at BEST WESTERN Topeka Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave our property a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I deeply regret the overall dissatisfaction of your stay especially with the room accommodations you received encountered not being at par with your expectations. I would like to assure you that we take each comment seriously as it has always been our goal to deliver only the best quality services and facilities. Rest assured your concerns will be looked into.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Anna Castillo G/M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Easy to find, this hotel offers a calm, quiet atmosphere. Priced perfectly (with a AAA discount) this hotel offers most amenities offered by more pricey properties, including FREE wifi. The key to success for this 100% smoke free Best Western is it's General Manager Raj Gupta, who warmly greeted us. His staff enjoys his management style so much there is relatively little turnover meaning it's highly likely travelers will encounter the same efficient personnel they did on a previous visit. On a personal note, upon arrival at our destination, I discovered (much to my consternation) I had left my beloved "softie pillow" back at the hotel! In a single phone call, I was assured my "softie" had been found and was safe in the Manager's office. Upon my return, there it was! I will stay at this hotel again and have no hesitation in recommending Best Western Topeka Inn & Suites to anyone wanting a clean, comfortable room, a good nights sleep, followed by a hot, hearty breakfast.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
raj32250, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Topeka Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 18, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 785-228-2223.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our stopping point between St. Louis and Colorado. It had everything we needed for a one-night stay before we got back on the road. The room was big and gave enough room for our toddler to run and run before being stuck in the car for several more hours the next day. It was also nice to have the mini-fridge for bottles of water. The only drawback was the very small breakfast room. We just happened to come in right before a very "large" family who didn't care that we were already in line waiting for breakfast, and they butted in and just helped themselves. So, we took our food back to our room!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
raj32250, Manager at BEST WESTERN Topeka Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 10, 2013

Hannibal, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My wife and I are part of the Kansas Silent Film Festival and we stay here each year. Due to a pending snowstorm in the Midwest this year, we arrived a day early and stayed at a different motel for the first night, receiving sub-standard service. When we were able to check in to the Best Western the following day, the "red carpet" was rolled out for us, as it has always been in previous years.

Raj Gupta is the best hospitality services manager anyone could ever meet and certainly is a role model for any other in this line of service!!! He never fails to come through and he has a genuine interest in coming to know his guests personally!

Whether you're traveling TO or THROUGH Topeka, if you wish to feel like you're in a home away from home, this is the place to put your feet up!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
raj32250, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Topeka Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 10, 2013

Overland Park, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Raj Gupta and his family have always been generous to the Kansas Silent Film Festival, and this year was no exception. In trying to beat a snow storm, we arrived a day early and still were placed in our rooms for the duration of the festival. The friendly staff even went so far as to recommend places for all of us snowbound filmgoers to order our meals delivered to the hotel. They also opened the breakfast area to allow us a place to gather and eat other meals together. Some of the sleeping rooms have been renovated, and the front lobby has been upgraded as well. The biggest addition for me is the business center, with two computers always available for the traveler who doesn't carry his/her own laptop.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, as I did, choose a first floor room. If you'd prefer a quieter ro...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Came through town with no plans on where to stay. Facility was nice and affordable but as stated in a previous review the staff were above and beyond what I could have expected. The manager really went out of his way to make sure my stay was comfortable and I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a great, affordable stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Glendale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have been staying here for the last few years for the Kansas Silent Film Fest. Raj Gupta and his crew have been constantly the best.Taking great care of all of us who stay here. I look foward to each year staying here. The breakfast is very good and the place comfortable and clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo