“clean, but in need of maintenance” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Topeka

You added Value Place Topeka to your Saves list
Value Place Topeka
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1801 SW Westport Drive, I-470 & 21st St. (exit 2), Topeka, KS 66604   |
Special Offer
Save More on Longer Stays
Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“clean, but in need of maintenance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

I travel extensively and have stayed at Value Place many times. It's very basic accomodations but usually in a good area. The full kitchen is nice.

The location is nice. The mall, Target, Wal-mart and a number of restaurants are only a few blocks away.

I had a few problems while staying here. An internet connection will cost you 10 dollars a week and it's pathetic, like using dial-up only worse. You'll need an ethernet cable and if you don't have one, don't bother.

My room was on the end of the building but the door was broken and would not accept a key card so I had to walk to the front of the property. I could not get my key to work one night and was locked out and could not call anyone since the phone in lobby was broken.

I used the laundry once. One of the washers and a dryer was out of order and the one I used shrieked like a banshee when I started it. You could hear it at the end of the hall. No one complained so I just let it run.

Overall, it's a decent place. They just need to hire a maintenance man.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank sprklhead

Fort Smith, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

for a company that has sent over 6 months with any where from 4 - 6 rooms
we have been upset with rules being made up as they go along.
i think the owner of this place should stay here a while and see what the hell goes on

they invest in a company i would think that they sould get off there butts and do something the right way .

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank rickcro2346

Travelers are raving about these Topeka hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

One week was all it took to convince me spending another $20/night for a real bed and actual, usable furniture in another facility was WELL worth it! Referred to, "smells" are mostly due to raw sewage-my 2nd floor toilet backed up within five days. The, "mattress" (quotes intended) is a completely-shot 6" thick thing sitting on top of a plywood platform. Towels: 2-one had large brown stain (wonder WHAT that could be!). There is human hair everywhere like they mopped the linoleum with it and used it for laundry detergent. I, too, suspect bedbugs, but equally suspect the itching I'm experiencing is due to sleeping in sheets that have probably never been properly washed. Also, if one is unfortunate enough to HAVE to stay here, go the nearby WalMart and purchase your OWN bathtowel for $5-7! This stuff is NASTY! Three chairs in the room. Two are ordinary stacking chairs like one finds in hotel meeting rooms. The third is an armchair with no usable padding left. In short, this room is so uncomfortable, it's unacceptable! When one adds in the uncleanliness factor, it's nothing more than a slum. By the way-don't buy the additional, "high speed internet" for $10/week. Bring your own ethernet cable and see if it works in the room. If it doesn't, find a nearby wi-fi spot to get your email. The wired internet connection is also the worst I've experienced in recent years and reminds me of back when certain cable companies bought too few switches and, as a result, the more customers that were added, the worse performance got.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank mrc050
Topeka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

Value Place has been my family's home for the past six months. We are in the middle of relocating from another state and purchasing a home. I definitely would not say that this hotel is anywhere close to ghetto standards but for the price, you cannot expect it to be the Ritz Carlton either. We have had the same manager here throughout our stay and she has been very friendly and more than adequate. Although they do have a high turnover for the rest of the staff, most of the employees seem to be good people. They have provided a safe environment for our family to stay in and have attempted to make our stay as comfortable as possible. I would recommend this option for anyone who is looking to purchase a home or work in this area.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Topeka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

The room was very nice and all of the housekeepers and staff that I met were really friendly and always had a smile on their face! I met with the manager who checked me in and her pleasant personality made me feel right at home. I read the previous reviews and I can say that my room neither had bed bugs or stunk of anything. It was a very nice place to stay, a sort of home away from home. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Topeka, KS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

They have bed bugs! It's awful! I have bites all over. The entire building stinks. They advertise that they are a fully furnished extended stay establishment. That usually means things like kitchenware, towels & soap. There are no dishes, pans, utensils, kitchen towels, soap, etc. You get two bath towels, a bar of soap and dozens of insect bites!

Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank royallaw
Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

I stayed at the Value Place for a few days, and if you are on a budget, this place will definitely do for a while. It's less expensive staying here for a week then if you would book the cheapest hotel/motel for a week. The place has a new manager. She started about 1 -2 months ago and she was very friendly and helpful, so were the other people I came in contact with. I didn't have any hangers in my room and didn't realize that until 9 p.m. when I filled the form out and I called from the phone up front and the hangers were delivered to me within 10 min. It's nothing glamerous, but I felt ok there and definitely would stay at the Value Place again if I need to.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo