“managment sucks”

WoodSpring Suites Topeka
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Reviewed June 6, 2010

for a company that has sent over 6 months with any where from 4 - 6 rooms
we have been upset with rules being made up as they go along.
i think the owner of this place should stay here a while and see what the hell goes on

they invest in a company i would think that they sould get off there butts and do something the right way .

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank rickcro2346
There are newer reviews for WoodSpring Suites Topeka

Reviewed June 6, 2010

One week was all it took to convince me spending another $20/night for a real bed and actual, usable furniture in another facility was WELL worth it! Referred to, "smells" are mostly due to raw sewage-my 2nd floor toilet backed up within five days. The, "mattress" (quotes intended) is a completely-shot 6" thick thing sitting on top of a plywood platform. Towels: 2-one had large brown stain (wonder WHAT that could be!). There is human hair everywhere like they mopped the linoleum with it and used it for laundry detergent. I, too, suspect bedbugs, but equally suspect the itching I'm experiencing is due to sleeping in sheets that have probably never been properly washed. Also, if one is unfortunate enough to HAVE to stay here, go the nearby WalMart and purchase your OWN bathtowel for $5-7! This stuff is NASTY! Three chairs in the room. Two are ordinary stacking chairs like one finds in hotel meeting rooms. The third is an armchair with no usable padding left. In short, this room is so uncomfortable, it's unacceptable! When one adds in the uncleanliness factor, it's nothing more than a slum. By the way-don't buy the additional, "high speed internet" for $10/week. Bring your own ethernet cable and see if it works in the room. If it doesn't, find a nearby wi-fi spot to get your email. The wired internet connection is also the worst I've experienced in recent years and reminds me of back when certain cable companies bought too few switches and, as a result, the more customers that were added, the worse performance got.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank mrc050
Reviewed December 30, 2009

Value Place has been my family's home for the past six months. We are in the middle of relocating from another state and purchasing a home. I definitely would not say that this hotel is anywhere close to ghetto standards but for the price, you cannot expect it to be the Ritz Carlton either. We have had the same manager here throughout our stay and she has been very friendly and more than adequate. Although they do have a high turnover for the rest of the staff, most of the employees seem to be good people. They have provided a safe environment for our family to stay in and have attempted to make our stay as comfortable as possible. I would recommend this option for anyone who is looking to purchase a home or work in this area.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2009

The room was very nice and all of the housekeepers and staff that I met were really friendly and always had a smile on their face! I met with the manager who checked me in and her pleasant personality made me feel right at home. I read the previous reviews and I can say that my room neither had bed bugs or stunk of anything. It was a very nice place to stay, a sort of home away from home. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2009

They have bed bugs! It's awful! I have bites all over. The entire building stinks. They advertise that they are a fully furnished extended stay establishment. That usually means things like kitchenware, towels & soap. There are no dishes, pans, utensils, kitchen towels, soap, etc. You get two bath towels, a bar of soap and dozens of insect bites!

Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank royallaw
Reviewed May 28, 2009

I stayed at the Value Place for a few days, and if you are on a budget, this place will definitely do for a while. It's less expensive staying here for a week then if you would book the cheapest hotel/motel for a week. The place has a new manager. She started about 1 -2 months ago and she was very friendly and helpful, so were the other people I came in contact with. I didn't have any hangers in my room and didn't realize that until 9 p.m. when I filled the form out and I called from the phone up front and the hangers were delivered to me within 10 min. It's nothing glamerous, but I felt ok there and definitely would stay at the Value Place again if I need to.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank My_Review_Opinion
Reviewed May 13, 2009

Been Here almost 8 months and survived most of the staff, which has a turn over rate that is quite sad. the little staff that has stayed are the only ones holding the place together. The " Temp" or Traveling manager that has been assigned , is now running the hotel like he is the dictator . Disrespecting several guests , The disregaurd for the staff is alarming , rude , perverted and seems to be disturbed as though he may have been picked on in school.

It is a Real Shame the owners seem to want to run the hotel properly, but this manager has threatened the staff that they better keep there mouths shut to the higher ups , and if they do talk he made it clear they would back him up and never beleive the other staff.
many other guests have requested that he have the district manager called Or have him report complaints he never tells them because they are in regaurds to him.
He is a modern day Tyrant .
Please do not let this reflect poorly on the other staff they are the only reason we haven't left.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business