“Frienfly Staff...and I haven't even checked in yet!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Topeka

Value Place Topeka
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
“Frienfly Staff...and I haven't even checked in yet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I won’t be checking in for another week; however, that has not stopped the AWESOME service we have received from Marcie, the manager! She spoke with my wife several times and was given so much information. She has been so accommodating and friendly! You can tell she loves her job and provides the greatest customer service! I can’t wait to check in!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank KWaters19

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We got locked out of our room (on top of everything else tha's wrong with this place - won't fit in the space provided.) There is no one on the weekend. We were just screwed. We called all the #'s and no one came to help us even though there is an emergency #. RUDE, RUDE, RUDE! Then THEY decided we weren't welcome in the motel. When she came the next day at my request to check the lock, she left after she changed the battery and didn't check it, and so I checked it and was locked out again. Very rude!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank nanci n

Travelers are raving about these Topeka hotels

topeka
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I would not advise to stay at the Value Place Topeka. The office closes at 6 so if you are here working and work past that then it is really inconvenient to speak with someone if you are having any problems or to pay your rent. I worked until 5 and had to rush back each day that rent was due to a long line of people trying to pay before the office closed at 6. Also, the keys are extremely sensitive, there is no telling how many times I had to get a new key because mine was deactivated.
The staff was less than friendly, if you lock yourself out of your room after 6 then they are rude when they have to get you another key and they charge you 10$ after the first time. The walls are paper thin so you can hear people's conversation right in the next room. The water pressure in the shower is very weak. They only clean every 2 weeks and when this happens it is just new towels and linens, they do not vacuum or clean the bathroom.
This was pretty much a disapointing experience that when you are away from home does not help.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank bballgale
topeka kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

We've been here for a month waiting for the closing on our house and it has bee wonderful. The staff was friendly and full of smiles and answered every question my kids threw at them. the rooms we're very clean didn't smell of previous guests who cooked in the room. I wish though the internet was stonger though. Each night around nine oclock our signal wouild fade and it would get real slow. The manager got us local information on the school y kids would be sttending and even got us a school supplies list. I got the impression that the entire crew was new to this hotel and they were excellent.My kids wished for a pool and a park to be a little closer but it was a great deal.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank steveegreen
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

I travel extensively and have stayed at Value Place many times. It's very basic accomodations but usually in a good area. The full kitchen is nice.

The location is nice. The mall, Target, Wal-mart and a number of restaurants are only a few blocks away.

I had a few problems while staying here. An internet connection will cost you 10 dollars a week and it's pathetic, like using dial-up only worse. You'll need an ethernet cable and if you don't have one, don't bother.

My room was on the end of the building but the door was broken and would not accept a key card so I had to walk to the front of the property. I could not get my key to work one night and was locked out and could not call anyone since the phone in lobby was broken.

I used the laundry once. One of the washers and a dryer was out of order and the one I used shrieked like a banshee when I started it. You could hear it at the end of the hall. No one complained so I just let it run.

Overall, it's a decent place. They just need to hire a maintenance man.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank sprklhead
Fort Smith, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

for a company that has sent over 6 months with any where from 4 - 6 rooms
we have been upset with rules being made up as they go along.
i think the owner of this place should stay here a while and see what the hell goes on

they invest in a company i would think that they sould get off there butts and do something the right way .

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank rickcro2346
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

One week was all it took to convince me spending another $20/night for a real bed and actual, usable furniture in another facility was WELL worth it! Referred to, "smells" are mostly due to raw sewage-my 2nd floor toilet backed up within five days. The, "mattress" (quotes intended) is a completely-shot 6" thick thing sitting on top of a plywood platform. Towels: 2-one had large brown stain (wonder WHAT that could be!). There is human hair everywhere like they mopped the linoleum with it and used it for laundry detergent. I, too, suspect bedbugs, but equally suspect the itching I'm experiencing is due to sleeping in sheets that have probably never been properly washed. Also, if one is unfortunate enough to HAVE to stay here, go the nearby WalMart and purchase your OWN bathtowel for $5-7! This stuff is NASTY! Three chairs in the room. Two are ordinary stacking chairs like one finds in hotel meeting rooms. The third is an armchair with no usable padding left. In short, this room is so uncomfortable, it's unacceptable! When one adds in the uncleanliness factor, it's nothing more than a slum. By the way-don't buy the additional, "high speed internet" for $10/week. Bring your own ethernet cable and see if it works in the room. If it doesn't, find a nearby wi-fi spot to get your email. The wired internet connection is also the worst I've experienced in recent years and reminds me of back when certain cable companies bought too few switches and, as a result, the more customers that were added, the worse performance got.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo