“Good food/prices”
Review of Johnny Carino's - CLOSED

Johnny Carino's
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Enjoyed dinner here. Atmosphere was nice and food was good.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

My daughter and I stopped in here for lunch while in Topeka recently, and I found it to be pretty good. Nothing spectacular, but better than the Olive Garden for sure. I had the Spicy Shrimp Pasta and it was nicely seasoned. My daughter had the kid's pizza and ate every bit of it. Maybe a little pricey, but what isn't now a days?

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Waitress was too busy talking with the other staff to refill our drinks or bread.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Of course it was noisy... it was a Saturday night around 7 p.m. We had a group of five. They don't take reservations, but you can call in and get your name on the list. We called about 30 minutes before we arrived, and had to wait less than 5 minutes for our table. I ordered the soup and salad special. The rest of the family got some sort of chicken and pasta dish or shrimp and pasta dish. The kiddo ordered Mac and Cheese. Food was all good, especially the complementary bread and garlic oil dip. Our waitress was sweet, but she must have been new. We had to keep reminding her to bring things. I was supposed to get all you can eat soup, but once she dropped off our food, she disappeared until it was time to bring the check. Again, they were busy, but I was bummed about that. There were also three "close calls" among the wait staff coming and going in the small side room where we were sitting... they almost ran into each other three times in the hour that we were sitting there. Luckily, they were all misses and no plates were dropped.

Reviewed December 16, 2011

Company luncheon today and we were shorted on pasta, salad, plates and flatware. Had the same experience in October for a family event. I won't trust again they will provide enough food for these large events. Done...gone....