“Loved my 7 week stay at the Residence Inn. Everyone made me feel like it was my home away from home.”

Residence Inn Topeka
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Loved my 7 week stay at the Residence Inn. Everyone made me feel like it was my home away from home. Maria, Wess, Laura and the rest of the staff were extremely accommodating and made my stay a great experience! The only 'one' issue was the pet odor which is expected at a 'pet friendly' hotel. The food was great and Kaylee and others on kitchen staff were always friendly and very accommodating. I miss all of their smiling faces and professionalism! I would definitely stay there anytime I have business in Tooeka.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Lisadb9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Midwestern welcome at its best, from the front desk to the weekend manager.The ground is well-maintained inspite of the daily rain; the pet area is clean. Our room was spacious with a nice light comforter as well as being well-kept. It was a very pleasnt overnight stay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TWAflyer
TopekaRI_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Topeka, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear TWAFlyer,

I just wanted to take a second and thank you for your kind words. We strive to create a wonderful experience for all of our guests. I am happy to see we hit the mark with you.
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were driving to Colorado, but did not know where we would be for the night. After traveling for some time, we called late in the afternoon for info and price, the gal was awesome and I sensed lowered the normal price so they could rent the 2-bedroom suite for that one night. The night manager was great and explained that our kids could use the pool, even though it was very late by the time we arrived. He just wanted an adult to be there during their pool time. The beds were too soft, but since they were king beds, the back seemed to endure the night. We were in the midst of more commercial options with respect to food and shopping than I could have imagined. While we were close to a road/highway, it did not seem to wake us up too often. The unit was clean and roomy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DaBadger76
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Bed was waay to soft. They need to replace. The couch bed was broken and had to put mattress on the ground. The place is clean enough and a decent price. If stay at the Hyatt place instead. Free breakfast was also just ok

• Stayed August 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Topeka, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear HerveyHerd,
Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn Topeka. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I will be discussing your comments about the pullout with my maintenance staff. If you find yourself in Topeka again I do hope that you will give us another chance to change your mind.

Wesley H
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed here for a family reunion weekend in July 2013. Stayed in one bedroom suite and found it very updated and modern as well as clean. Kitchen had full fridge which was stainless and granite countertops. Very nice outdoor patio space and a basketball court of the kids. Would recommend and stay again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The breakfast is good and the rooms are clean. The staff really tries hard to make the guests feel welcome. The only problem is that the hotel is near a highway...so most of the rooms have highway noise. Always ask for an inside room not facing the highway. The pool area is nice. The location is good.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the highway!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We have had the pleasure of staying at other Residence Inns and have always had good luck. This time was different, see below.

1.The overall impression that I got was that of property neglect.
2. We had drinks at the pool on Saturday afternoon and the cups were still sitting where we left them on Sunday at 11 pm.
3. The breakfast items were stale. (bagels, muffins and cereal)
4. The first day we left the "no service" sign up but took it off the door at about 10 am on the second day. We left, went to a family reunion, came back and no one serviced our room. When my husband told the front desk staff, they told him that we still had the "no service" magnet up. They did service our room when we left again but not before implying that he was lying.
5. The hot tub was green. Not just a little green but neon green!

We will NOT stay here again and I would advise anyone that is considering it to think twice before you do. I did tell the front desk that I was going to write this review and she didn't seen to care if I did or didn't. She did tell her manager who made no effort to speak with us before we left. I think Marriott need to pay attention to this franchise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandee W
TopekaRI_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Topeka, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We strive to provide excellent service as well as an excellent product to all of our guests. Guest Satisfaction is our highest priority when dealing with any guest at our hotel. I apologize that we fell short of that during your stay. The issues you outlined have all been addressed with all our staff. We hope you will give us a chance to make things right and try the Residence Inn again next time you stay in Topeka.