“Oh, so yummy”
Review of Boca Cafe - CLOSED

Boca Cafe
Cuisines: Cuban, Greek, Italian
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I absolutely devoured my food and would have licked the plate if I hadn't been in public. I ate here with two friends and we all had different sandwiches, and each one was great. Three choices of bread for the sandwiches, and all were delicious. We split a vanilla pistachio gelato and thoroughly enjoyed it. I definitely will return when I'm in town.
Service might not rate so well with some people, but it is a restaurant where you put your order in and pick it up yourself.

1  Thank sleepessential

Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Topeka tends to be a town full of chain restaurants. When you find a good local place it feels like you've hit the jackpot! Boca Cafe is quickly becoming a favorite. Near Washburn University, this gem has original, fresh & unique sandwiches, salads and soups. I recommend the Cuban sandwich on whole grain with whatever salad or soup is the daily special. Go early for lunch or you may have to wait for a table. The place is small - but worth the wait.

2  Thank lwildcat
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Absolutely love this cool cafe. Offers a wide variety of "different" sandwiches for the Topeka area. Sgt. Pepper and Monte Cristo are my favorites. The one thing I would change is the soup option, it's ALWAYS the tomato basil.

3  Thank mmreseigh
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We love to try new food, especially locally owned! Husband got Mushroom Bliss, I got Mr Pepper and daughter got BBQ! All very good but not good enough to go back! We went on Mon. Night so kids eat free but the they were out of Mac & Cheese (1of3 items) so we only could choose from grilled cheese or quesadilla for the kids! Both of them did not like it and cheese not melted all the way! Out adult sandwiches good but not good enough that we will spend 9 to go back! Would rather spend the 9 at Burger Stand across the street!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We were told by a friend that there was a new Spanish-Greek restaurant that had opened and they had good food. We are always on the lookout for good Greek. We drove to Boca Cafe. It is located across the street from the Burger Stand in the College Hill area in what was previously a sub shop.
We had to walk about a block because all the parking places by the Boca were full. Apparently people park in front of the Boca, then walk to the Burger Stand. Anyway, once we were in the cafe we were greeted warmly by a woman behind the counter, who suggested a few items. Apparently, we were slightly misled about them having a Greek menu, as the only item remotely Greek was a Greek Salad. Adjusting our expectations, we got a couple of sandwiches. My wife had the Monte Christo with the Greek Salad, while I had the Affamato which was made with ham, salami, pepperoni, mozzarella and marinara with a side of the Tomato Basil soup.
If you see Monte Christo, and you are accustomed to the Monte Christo at Bennigans, This is nothing like it, but it is a very good tasting turkey sandwich served with a raspberry sauce. The greek salad was greens, covered with chunks of feta cheese, sundried tomato and spanish green olives. The only dressing that seemed to be on the salad was a coating that was on the tomatoes, but it seemed to work for my wife. My tomato basil soup was good and sprinkled with cheese. My sandwich was very good tasting,
Overall, I liked the Boca, their food and the friendly staff.