“Nice Lunch”

Lonnie Q's BBQ
Ranked #2 of 390 Restaurants in Topeka
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 18, 2018

I picked Lonnie Q's because it had some good reviews and the location is convenient if you are driving in from the east on I70. Even though we arrived shortly after 11am, there was a line. One of the reasons there is a constant line, besides the good barbecue, is because the food is served rather slow. The food was very good though. All in our party of four had brisket and cheesy potatoes. I think we would all come back again.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Good Food. Odd Hours. I ate this as a business catering situation. I would recommend for business luncheons.

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

The owner opened the door and personally greeted the people in the long line waiting for the restaurant to open. That “welcome to my home” hospitality set the tone for our visit. After greeting everyone, he went to serve his guests. This restaurant is clean and pleasantly decorated, but the food is absolutely the star of this show. Excellent bbq and awesome cheesy potatoes. He was so delighted that we were visiting from out of town and that it was our first visit, that he generously offered us sample tastes of other items. Everything we ordered - Cup of Heaven and a Pork sandwich with cheesy potatoes - and everything we sampled was very good. It was a great lunch find and we would certainly recommend it. Please be sure to check the hours that the restaurant is open and then visit. You will be warmly welcomed.

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

Lonnie Q’s is a hidden gem in the Topeka/Shawnee County area. Just north of the dam at Lake Shawnee, Topeka, Kansas. Amazing BBQ, and trust me, choose the cheesy potatoes. The decor is professionally locally sourced. Heavy influenced from the close relationships of the Owner (Lon Weaver)with the 70s music legends. Especially the local band, KANSAS. Oh, and arrive EARLY. Food sells out QUICK!

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

The best BBQ in town!! Lonnie’s cup of heaven, is exactly what the name implies. Yummm! I always skip the beans (the only thing I’m not crazy about) and get a double order of cheesy potatoes (the best I’ve ever had!!) Plenty for 2 meals! Did I mention the service? Lonnie, the owner unlocks the doors and greets the customers standing in line. Talk about good, personal service! The service is as impressive as food!