“Would stay again”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Topeka West
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Clean, very comfortable bed, large room, friendly and courteous staff, great breakfast and coffee, good value, good location. Only cons were loud shower and toilet noise from room next to us and noise from hallway seemed to come right through the door but nothing really bad.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed November 13, 2013

If you have the time to be reviewing hotels for this area, keep looking. We pulled off the road and it was the nearest hotel. The location is ok. It is near a couple restaurants. The rooms are noisy in every way. Noisy air conditioner, noise from traffic, loud, loud flushing toilet (weird). Breakfast in the morning is a disaster. It is dirty, food is not replenished, empty coffee, empty everything. The tables are cleaned onto the floor. People at the property are not friendly. Enough said.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
DAVE S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Topeka West, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

I am so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. I assure you that this behavior is not the standard of my staff. We take great pride in making sure our guests are comfortable and satisfied with our services.

Again, I am very sorry to hear of your issues with our hotel. Please give us 2nd chance to make it right.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

This stay was great! Booked with priceline and some issues for them but hotel was great. Desk manager wonderful and breakfast was great for what we needed! Room was clean which is the one of the only things I worry about in reviews.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Very poor hotel. Poor food selection. Pool was poorly maintained. Spa was inoperable. AC was awkward to operate and loud. Door between rooms stuck and woke everybody up when opened at night. All around terrible experience. We won't stay at this chain again. Ever!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Topeka West, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here for one night only to visit kansas city on the next morning. I was lively welcomed upon my arrivel, received an upgraded room due to my ClubCarlson status and was able to relax in a large room with a comfortable bed. The hotel staff was able to provide me with sufficient local information upon simple request and remained very friendly and welcoming at all times, much to my delight. The hotel was located near the Interstate yet had no noise disturbances at all. I would defenitly return to this hotel in the future and like to recommend this place to all travellers.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have spent the past two weekends in the Country Inn and Suites. Not only was it a great value but i had a very comfortable and warm stay. I have been in town over the past two weekends for business and received nothing but great service and smiles during my stay. I would highly recommend anyone weather business of pleasure to stay at this hotel. I have already recommend to all of my co workers and owners of my business to stay here when they come in to Topeka.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Hi, My name is Mark. I work as a job site safety and quality control supervisor for a national construction contractor. I have spent an average of 100 to 175 nights per year in hotels for the last 18 years. Our company has a big construction contract in Topeka, Kansas so myself and some co-workers have tried out many different hotels in Topeka this year. Some of the reasons I choose to stay at the Country Inn & Suites are: the competent, friendly staff (Marissa, Channing, Mary, Dorothy, and Chris) who will go out of their way to make sure all guests are comfortable and feel welcome; I have stayed in several guest rooms here this year and all were clean with really comfortable beds; a fantastic variety of hot and cold breakfast foods (waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, bagels, muffins, juices, cereal) served in a clean comfortable dining room with a TV so I can catch up on the news and local weather; nice indoor pool and hot tub; fitness center with television and towels; a dependable elevator; a well equipped/well designed meeting room; dependable high-speed wi-fi I'm using to type this review; a work desk with plenty of electrical outlets; I don't smoke so I appreciate the availability of non-smoking rooms; there is a covered patio out front with tables and chairs; in-room refrigerator and microwave oven are really convenient for snacks, soft drinks and left-overs; two adjacent restaurants means I don't have to drive anywhere to eat; many other restaurants within walking distance or a short drive; close to interstate highway entrance and exit; a wide variety of stores, gas stations, coffee house, a zoo, a beautiful public park nearby where I like to eat my lunch or go for a walk after work; a couple of nice movie theaters close by; and a well lighted ample parking lot. I don't usually take the time to write reviews or take surveys, but this Country Inn & Suites has become my home away from home and I feel compelled to share my thoughts because I haven't been disappointed.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are great for pet owners, also close to pool, hot tub, fitness center, soda/snack...