“Returning to visit a family.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Topeka West

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Topeka West
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Zion, Illinois
“Returning to visit a family.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here due to an Emergency situations at my daughter's home. We came and checked in at almost midnight with no reservations and the staffed helped us get the room. I got the suite on the second floor and I really like it and it's so comfortable, quiet. Friendly and professional staff really made us feel so cozy. They are there right away when we needed something. Had a relaxing time with my family. Stayed 3 nights.
Thank you Pam for always taking the time to talk to everyone and treat us like a family. The breakfast buffet is good and you worked so hard. I thank God for you. You are a great woman of faith.

Room Tip: Suites with windows and lots of sunshine.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Nothing but the best when we stayed here due to a family emergency. The staff performance was wonderfull during our stay. The rooms looked modern and elegant and are very spacious. The Price was great for an upper standard hotel. Everyone of the staff members went out of their way to help us whenever we needed anything. We stayed for about 3 days and every day that we stayed seemed like a whole new breakfast was available. The options seem endless and it's a buffet to not say the least. We will deffinately be returning. Thank you for a great stay Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DorothyL801
Golden, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here due to a family vacation and to visit other relatives. good price for a luxury hotel. it was not the best that we have encountered but it was worth the price and the roms were decent. nice staff too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Justin who worked the front desk was just wonderfull. So friendly and professional, fast and just all around awesome. The breakfast was great, room was nice and clean but OMG staff was amazing. So worth a return stay. They really know how to make you feel like family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
San Jose, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were there for two nights but found the room was too noise. I asked to switch a room for the second night.
Then I received an addtional bill for the room switching since I complained their room was too noise.
When I called their manager, he hangup my phone even not let me finish.

Room Tip: Some rooms in upstair were very noise at night
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WiseJohnUS
Carlson Hotels C, Carlson` at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Topeka West, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during this visit. I understand that it is difficult to sleep with noise. I really hope after we moved you to different room on other side that room was quiet enough for you, but I am really concerned regarding the extra charge you are stating was on your bill. I urge you to contact us via our website so we may get more information as we would surely like to make this right for you.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.
Princess Anne, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was shocked at the condition of this hotel. There were hairs around the sink and in the tub. The towels were dirty...they had tons of black marks all over the towels. I addressed this with the front desk at check out they told me that I should have called the and they would have brought new towels. Since I did not realize the condition of the towels until I was dripping wet in the showers this response was just plain rude. I asked for a manager to call me...I have never been called. We skipped the breakfast due to the overall filth of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kgar30
Carlson Hotels C, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Topeka West, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I apologize that the condition of our hotel was unacceptable during your stay. Our Housekeeping and Engineering staff is working very hard on raising the cleanliness levels at the hotel, specifically focusing on all guest rooms throughout the property. Our company is also putting together a scope that will include public area and guest room upgrades as well.

Thank you for your patience during this time. I hope that you will use our hotel again and see the improvements that we make. Please call me if I can be of any assistance to you on your next visit.

Thank you.
Waverly, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

What makes this hotel so great is the front desk and breakfast staff. Pam, the breakfast lady, goes out of her way to make you feel comfortable. She will make you a waffle, pick up your dirty dishes, offer a warm good morning greeting, or share pleasant conversation. She will even give you a ride, if you need it! Justin and Chris of the front desk also go out of their way to be pleasant and helpful. They always greet you by name when you walk in to the lobby and remember the small details. It is friendly, caring people like this, that help make being away from home tolerable. These individuals do a fantastic job and exemplify true customer service. I love the warm cookies when I come back to the hotel in the evening. I do agree with some of the other reviewers comments about the detail of the room cleaning and room upkeep. I have stayed in this hotel several times over the last several months and will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business