“Hotels Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Zion, Illinois
“Hotels Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The staff were good, very friendly, and helpful with information about the local area. We enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was great each morning. Thank you Pam and Harry who worked so hard in the kitchen to make the breakfast enjoyable. We would definitely come back to this hotel if we visit Topeka again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
country inn s, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Topeka West, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond regarding your stay with the Country inns and suites Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and rated us high on value.Thanks again for your kind comments, and as always, we appreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Westminster, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed for one night recently as we were just passing through Topeka. We had never stayed at any Country Inn & Suites location, but this location sold us on the chain. We had excellent customer service and even a call to our room after we got checked in to make sure we were good to go.

We were traveling with our two small kids and there was plenty of room in our 1-bedroom suite for everyone. The pull-out bed came in very handy as well. It's great the rooms also come with a microwave and mini-fridge.

You can't beat the location. It is located immediately off I-70 and Wanamaker Road on the west side of Topeka. In the numerous times we have driven through Topeka, Wanamaker Road is pretty much the only exit where you will find everything all within .5-1 mile of I-70. There's also a lot of stuff around I-470, which is 1 mile south of I-70. This is a very safe part of town. We had to make a stop for gas a few years ago on the east side of town (Carnahan Ave I think it was) and did not feel safe at all.

While we only pass through Topeka (this was actually the first time we ever had to stay the night in this city) in our travels between Denver and St. Louis, MO, we will make sure we return to the CI&S. Location is perfect, service is excellent, and the bed is comfortable. If people do actually plan to visit Topeka, it's great for 2+ night stays as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding the comfortable rooms and great location.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The staff went out of their way to help us locate an open restaurant after midnight, very friendly. We come to Topeka frequently and will make our visit here routine. They are pet friendley Sometimes we have to take our dog on trips. Breakfast lady was very helpful, the rooms were comfortable and clean. Nice indoor pool and spa. Complimentary hot breakfast was great. Will definitly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
country inn s, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Topeka West, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank your for taking the time to post such a wonderful review about your stay. We enjoyed reading it. Thank you very much
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

I had such a great experience from the first phone call until I checked out the next morning! First of all, Dani at the front desk was so helpful when I had a problem with my payment. She was so nice, understanding and friendly that I felt like I was dealing with a friend. Thanks Dani!!

The room itself was clean and comfortable. It seemed to have been remodeled fairly recently with fresh paint, a new flat screen, and furniture that was actually comfortable. The bathroom was spotless. The only thing I noticed was the carpet had some stains. I'm not sure how that can be avoided since it was a light color, but maybe the hotel could invest in a small steam cleaner so that housekeeping can attempt to clean the stains as soon as they are noticed... Or maybe some kind of spot cleaner would work. Everything else about the room was terrific!

The breakfast selection was great, with hot items like waffles, eggs, hash browns and sausage, as well as oatmeal, cold cereal, yogurt, fruit and assorted breakfast breads to choose from. The coffee was so good, i took some with me and even skipped Starbucks on my way out of town! The best part about breakfast was the lady who was tending it. She said good morning to everyone like they were her family and definitely made me feel at home. :)

The guy at the front desk in the morning was also super friendly! After I checked out, I asked to speak to the manager (so I could express my gratitude for Dani's helpful service the night before). Since the manager wasn't available, I asked him to relay the message, and he seemed so grateful that I would take the time to do that. He was definitely the icing on the cake of my stay here and I will certainly stay here again on my travels through Topeka.

Stayed July 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a comment regarding your stay with the Country inns and suites Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we met your expectations. Please let me know if we can do anything to improve your stay next time you are in town.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff nice pet friendly rooms carpet and couch cushions could use cleaning overall a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I came to Topeka with my family for my cousin's graduation and we could not have been happier with the choice of hotel. The moment we walked in the door we were greated by the young man working the front desk. We got to the hotel about 2 hours before normal check in time so both of our rooms were not ready. Justin apologized and even allowed us to store our luggage in the office. Then gave us some great suggestions on places to grab a bite to eat and told us that he would have housekeeping get the rooms cleaned by the time we got back. When we got back to the hotel not only were the rooms ready Justin even took all of our luggage to the rooms for us!!! Talk about going above and beyond to give us great service. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were awesome. They even had a pretty good spread for breakfast. You can bet next time were in Topeka we will be choosing this hotel again.

Room Tip: very quite on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Declan M

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This hotel was right on our route across the country and we were able to book the day before without a problem. However, it is located right in a central area of hotels and restaurants, including Burger King in the same parking lot, and Hooters a few more feet beyond. We if wondered if a party was going on at 10pm, when we checked in but other reviews show this is a good place to stay for local events.

However, going through a throng of people after a day of driving was a hassle. We needed a cart to unload and the front doors did not have an automatic opener, nor was there any way to prop them open. It was also a struggle to get the cart in the elevator, requiring a hefty push/pull. The room was clean, a good fridge and surprisingly, very insulated from the noise outside. (We did have a bug siting but still slept.) The breakfast was very good, including the biscuits and gravy, which are almost never good. We needed a good breakfast to deal with the cart again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank LSA23320
Dave9800, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Topeka West, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
We appreciate your comments. We have had others make similar comments regarding our doors so we already have new AUTOMATIC DOORS on order and they will be installed by the end of this month. We take comments as yours seriously in an effort to improve our overall quality and guest experience!