“Great Burger”

The Burger Stand
Ranked #11 of 356 Restaurants in Topeka
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Burger Stand opened on Sept. 8, 2011 in Topeka's College Hill district. The Burger Stand features 2 bars with pool and ping pong tables. Seating for 270 inside with room for another 40-50 on the out-door patio. Specialty burgers with regular and sweet potato french fries.
Topeka, Kansas
“Great Burger”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

great burger i had the greek and it was to die for, burgerstand and Boca Cafe are the places to try out in college hill ohhhh pizza pub is great too..... love colleges hill new spots

• Visited May 2013

midwest
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good food, but the drinks suck”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Been here several times in the afternoon/early evening, but first time on a Friday night. The food is good, but the drinks were terrible. The raspberry martini tasted like cherry nyquil. The rum & club soda and the rum & diet coke were both watered down & flat. I guess they were more concerned with catering to college kids who don't know any better. And what was up with the girls in the skimpy smirnoff outfits and 4 inch heels offering sample drinks & taking pictures of people trying them? I thought the place was a LITTLE classier than that. I'm not sure I will be back as I've had much better drinks at chain restaurants and I can do without the sexist smirnoff advertising. This was one of the best restaurants in Topeka but this experience was very disappointing.

• Visited April 2013
“Delicious!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

This is by far the best burger in town! A little pricey, but you get what you pay for. It's not a thin little patty like fast food, it's a big thick burger. Try it- you won't be disappointed!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank LilTsMommy
Wichita, Kansas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the trip”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My son and I were visiting Topeka and just had to try this place after reading a few reviews. The atmosphere is "college barish", but still very inviting as a place to take the family. I had the the Ichabod dog (hotdog with baked beans and cheddar), my son had a black and blue burger and we shared a basket of fries cooked in duck fat. Everything was wonderful! Make sure to sample the dipping sauces and the homemade pickles. The pickles were slightly spicy and crunchy and the sauces ranged from toasted marshmallow (gotta try it) to a chipotle chocolate ketchup. Definitely a place to revisit.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Scott M
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great Burgers!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We came here on a whim, since the restaurant we wanted to go to wasn't open yet. The price seemed a little steep, but once you tasted the food you realize it's worth the price. They are thick burgers and cooked perfectly. They have a wide variety of food. We all ordered different fries and sides, so we could taste a few. They were all awesome. It's a big place and it's very open. The tables aren't on top of each other, so you don't feel crowded at all. My only complaint was the ketchup. I love ketchup on my burger and this ketchup tasted off. Threw off the taste of my burger, so I took it off.

• Visited March 2013