“Needs guest service lesson”
Review of Studio 6 Topeka

Studio 6 Topeka
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Gilbert, Arizona
“Needs guest service lesson”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I understand that this property is an "extended stay" property but customer service was lacking to say the least for a one night guest. Night two of a cross country trip with children, this wasn't the ideal place. I didn't book the hotel so I can't say much about that experience, the room itself was dated, bathroom wasn't the cleanest. The laminate flooring in kitchen area was cleaned with some soapy product and made it dangerously slippery, 3 year old fell four times, 7 year old fell once and I almost fell multiple times. Door locks didn't work properly either. Alerted front desk of both issues upon checkout so hopefully will be addressed. Overall disappointed for my needs but if I were needing an extended stay I wouldn't have any problems with the hotel

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Lavabear60
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Studio 6 Topeka, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Lavabear60,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

I am sorry to hear about your experience at our property. I hope you will believe me when I say that your experience is not the norm in our property. We take great pride in keeping our amenities at tip top shape to ensure safety for all our guests. Your concern is definitely not up to our standards and we assure you that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you have encountered.

I hope we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements on your next trip and if there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Derby, KS
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and it was a great room for our money. The staff were very nice and helpful. Everything was clean and the location was convenient. The only negative was that the towels were not soft at all. They were almost scratchy. We will stay again when we visit Topeka and hope that one thing has improved.

• Stayed April 2013
Jennifer B, Manager at Studio 6 Topeka, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you very much for drawing your attention to these problems and we apologized about the towel and we’ll make sure that we’ll look into this matter. We would be glad to get another chance to convince you entirely with our service quality.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice place and I have no complaints the staff is exelent. I would stay here again over and over. It is one of the best extended stay hotels I have stayed at. I should mention that you should not be turned away by the low cost because this is a top notch hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Jennifer B, General Manager at Studio 6 Topeka, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Candlewood Suites Topeka! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We take pride in providing the best service possible and it is nice to hear when we have done a good job! Thank you so much for letting us serve you and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Auburn
Reviewed November 15, 2012

After a horrible experience earlier this year, I received a phone call and email expressing concern and was provided a corrective action plan they have in place. As a Platinum Elite Member for the last 5 years I was assured this hotel had fixed all the areas I had problems with previously.

I was traveling through this area and a large venue was in-town and all hotels in this area were sold out except this one-Should of followed that as my first clue. I reluctantly pulled into this hotel and left my bags outside in my car so I could see if they had rooms still and if any changes had been made. The following events began and I was shocked and horrified by what my eyes and ears were seeing and hearing as I was trying to check in.

Hotel is very dirty
Hotel is very noisy
Hotel Staff is so rude

I was told "In no way was the clerk on-duty authorized to extending a late checkout for Priority Club members". A lecture began about their IHG affiliation and how it’s a joke, that it’s a rip-off and they preferred not to be a part of it. I heard loud and clear that they feel this affiliation does nothing but take money from the hotel without providing any support or members that have a clue, this was right before I handed my Priority Club Rewards Platinum card over.

As a Priority Club Platinum Elite Member it is very difficult to hear this as I spend a significant portion of my year with this hotel chain. I am an Ambassador member with the InterContinental hotels and they are part of the IHG brand. I have never been treated this way ever by any hotel except this one. I felt that because I am a priority club member they took their frustrations out on me as an individual.

Hotel Staff is almost to the point of abuse to their patrons as I observed this happening with an elderly couple checking in at the same time I was. I felt that had this been my grandparent or parents how upsetting this would be to see them humiliated by the staff at this hotel.

I truly did not think it could get worse after my last stay but it was obvious things can always get worse and this Candlewood property seems to being working very hard at chasing away Priority Club Members.

I ended up leaving and driving 42 miles to the next town that had a vacancy upon spending less than 1 hour at this hotel.

Never again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank JEFFREY H
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of the Candlewood Suites Topeka.I do apologize if you were unhappy with the service when you arrived to the hotel however I would like to state for all those who may be reading this that we take our affiliation with IHG and the Priority Club Rewards program very seriously and I have never witnessed any of my staff express what this guest is stating they have seen. We offer free upgrades to our members when we have them available, offer gifts to all those Priority Club Members that arrive at our hotel and take our roll in providing a wonderful guest experience very seriously. As I am sure you will understand when there is a special event in town we do not always have the availablity to offer our guests a late check out due to the fact that we need time to fully ensure all rooms are cleaned by the check in time for those guests who will be checking in. I do apologize that the time frame you were traveling in seems to be one of those periods where a late check out would not have been available but I would like to ensure you that we do late check outs all the time for not only Priority Club Members but anyone that may need one. I do thank you for your review and I will look into this matter with my staff. Safe travels in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Topeka hotels

Drogheda, Ireland
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

We are on 3 week trip in USA and the hotel was the best place we have stayed do far. Easy to get to but so near to all amenities Topeka has to offer. Great room. Fully stocked kitchen in the suite. Comfy beds nice pleasant staff. Recommend to anyone

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We highly appreciate the kind words that you have for our staffs. I’ll make sure to let them know your comment as we always strive for the best customer experience. And thank you for recommending our hotel. It was a pleasure to serve you.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed October 22, 2012

First room was on 3rd floor and immediately getting off the elevator the hallway smelled like smoke. We got to the room and it was a non-smoking room and it smelled like that was not always the case. We tried staying and using the fan and window with no success. We called the FD and they were nice enough to offer a room on the first floor. It was better, but later in the evening it started to smell like someone was smoking in the room. The bathrooms in both rooms need some serious maintenance on the showers. The dry wall is rotting and has serious water damage. I don't think we would stay here again. Too many choices in the area to give this one another try any time soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KCMO_JC
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. We deeply sadden about the experience that you have in our hotel. Rest assured that we’ll look into to this matter to provide better service with our guest. We appreciate you kind words towards our staffs. Thank you very much for drawing your attention to these problems. We would be glad to get another chance to convince you entirely with our service quality.
Norwich, NY
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here last year and had just as an enjoyable of a stay this year. Only issue was a few tiles in the bathroom had loosened up. I told the front desk staff upon check out and she wrote it down to be taken care of. Great hotel but is time for a few updates.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize about the tiles in the bathroom but rest assured that we’re working on it to give our customer the best accommodation that they expect. We value your business and hope to see you again soon.