“Maybe not”
Review of Studio 6 Topeka

Studio 6 Topeka
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Reviewed October 22, 2012

First room was on 3rd floor and immediately getting off the elevator the hallway smelled like smoke. We got to the room and it was a non-smoking room and it smelled like that was not always the case. We tried staying and using the fan and window with no success. We called the FD and they were nice enough to offer a room on the first floor. It was better, but later in the evening it started to smell like someone was smoking in the room. The bathrooms in both rooms need some serious maintenance on the showers. The dry wall is rotting and has serious water damage. I don't think we would stay here again. Too many choices in the area to give this one another try any time soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KCMO_JC
Jennifer B, Manager at Studio 6 Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. We deeply sadden about the experience that you have in our hotel. Rest assured that we’ll look into to this matter to provide better service with our guest. We appreciate you kind words towards our staffs. Thank you very much for drawing your attention to these problems. We would be glad to get another chance to convince you entirely with our service quality.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed here last year and had just as an enjoyable of a stay this year. Only issue was a few tiles in the bathroom had loosened up. I told the front desk staff upon check out and she wrote it down to be taken care of. Great hotel but is time for a few updates.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize about the tiles in the bathroom but rest assured that we’re working on it to give our customer the best accommodation that they expect. We value your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Hotel was perfect for a week long project in Topeka. Room was clean with good wireless Internet. Hotel does not have a great lobby area but as an extended stay provides a pantry and all the services I needed. Staff was friendly and helped with with a few suggestions for dining.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. I am so privileged to have staffs that work hard at the same time enjoy their job and cares about the guests that stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

It was a good place to stop for the night on our way west. Staff was friendly at check in and offered us a free beverage. Pet friendly and it was nice to have a full size refridgerator for the frozen food we had with us.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay. We highly appreciate the kind words that you have for our staffs. I’ll make sure to let them know your comment as we always strive for the best customer experience.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Not clean, coffee was basically brown colored water, left a small plastic bag with medication in it and hotel refused to mail it to us. Manager would not even discuss with me on the phone.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Cowgi
IHGCare, IHG Care at Studio 6 Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear Cowgi,

Thank you for leaving us feedback. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

Janice A.
IHG Care

Reviewed June 5, 2012

From the first time I called this property I was treated with virtually no customer service. I wanted to get three rooms close together and was told rudely to keep calling back. When we checked out our rooms were checked out incorrectly. We were accused of stealing all the linens in the room and every time I have any communication with the management we were treated rudely as was my ministry partner. I deal all the phone in business all day for over 32 years and the first contact I had with the manager I had to make an excuse that I would call back to calm her down. Do not call the Corporation customer service that is a waste of time they told me they always side with the hotel. So why call? We had planned to use the Candlewood Suites exclusively for our traveling ministry and will not consider this hotel EVER! We are still praying for the management team at this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SusanHutchinson_KS
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Studio 6 Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear SusanHutchinson_KS,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Best Regards,

Lera M
IHGCare

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Topeka Candlewood is the worst in the chain in my experience. I've had multiple stays in other locations with no problems until Topeka. There was hair in the refrigerator and clumps of dust spewed from the air conditioner onto the sofa. The elevator was out of service, and because I was doing laundry, I had to make repeated trips from my room to the main floor. Each time, I had to step among the coiled hoses of the unused carpet cleaning equipment that entirely blocked the hallway. (Since the elevator wasn't running, the equipment simply could've been moved in front of the elevator doors and kept the hallway clear.) The staff I saw were not friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Abby226
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Dear Abby226,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.