“Cheryl R. "Home Away From Home"”
Review of Courtyard Topeka

Courtyard Topeka
Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is an absolutely wonderful place to stay. I am there frequently for meetings in Topeka. Scott and his staff make sure I am well taken care of and safe, which is very important for a female travelling by herself! I have never stayed anywhere where the staff are so friendly and accommodating. I am going to miss Rebecca! Asst. Manager Sarah, Stephanie, Muhkayla, Kristie, Scott, and Jared and many others are so wonderful! This is my place of preference always. And as I watch them, I realize it is not just me they are so great to, they are like that with all their customers! Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CAR774
Scott R, Manager at Courtyard Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thank you so much for those kind words. If they had a Guest Advisor website, we would give you all 5's as well. You make taking good care of you something that we all strive for every day you are here. We appreciate you Cheryl, and you always put smiles on our faces. Now, it is time for us to do even better!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Topeka

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I've been staying at the Courtyard Topeka four nights a week for over a year now ad the staff there are some of the best I've had the pleasure of knowing. GM-Scott, goes above and beyond to take care of his guests, even transporting them to the ER if necessary. Stephanie works hard to make sure every customer is well taken care of and will do all she can to ensure their comfort and satisfaction with their stay. The rest of the Staff are also wonderful, courtious and friendly. Rebecca, Kristie, Scott, Jared, as well as the Bistro staff are great at taking care of their guests. I'm grateful to all of them for making this my home away from home.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the Mall are quieter than others. Although none are reall too loud to bare.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Chuck R
Scott R, Manager at Courtyard Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for the kind words. It is guests such as yourself, that make us love what we do. We are in the hospitality business and we always look forward to getting the opportunity to show that our guests are why we are here. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

this hotel is wonderful. breakfast is good rooms are nice friendly staff. two people who really stand out is scott valentine and jared stoll. scott is a perfect fit. he is an asset to this company and every motel needs one of him. he bends over backwards for me and everyone else i have seen. he is deffinately motel material. .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank glenn s

I have shared this review with Scott and Jared. To see the smiles on their faces when I read it to them made our day so much brighter. Thank you for taking the time to submit this wonderful review.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

The staff was very friendly, the rooms were average and acceptable, wi fi was a little slow. Chili's and Olive Garden within walking distance, the renovated cafe in the hotel had a good selection but was very expensive (bourbon and a beer was $20). The exercise room would do well with the addition of an exercise ball, otherwise average. Acceptable for a short business stay.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the feedback. The staff here is exceptional and it is nice to get confirmation of that. When we read the comments you gave, we strive even harder to fix the things we can and make this a better hotel. Without your feedback, we would not be able to enhance this hotel, and we all thank you for those helpful hints.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

The front-desk staff was exceptionally welcoming. Kudos to Scott for being so friendly and helpful. The location is great and within walking distance to several restaurants and a mall. And the in-house bistro has some excellent dining options.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

aThank you so much for the excellent comments. Scott, at the front desk is a wonderful addition to our staff. We praise him also, as he not only understands why he is here, but enjoys it. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Was in town on business and they let us check in early due to the late nature that we would be getting done. The room was nice and clean. It was quite even though there were teams staying there for various sporting events. The breakfast had a good variety of both hot and cold items.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We arrived after my in laws on a Friday evening. My inlaws booked the room and prior to arrival called us and let us know that the room had been taken care of and to ask for Sarah when we arrived. My husband went inside to check in and Sarah was unavailable. The girl at the front desk (Kristin?) asked my husband for his credit card and my husband informed her that the room should have been taken care of. She said the credit card was only for incidentals and the amount would fall off in 5 days. He reluctantly handed over the card and a $150 hold was immediately placed on our card. We assumed that it would fall off in 5 days. We then unpacked our children and belongings and headed to our room. The lobby was as expected and the staff friendly as we entered the hotel. Our room was on the second floor and we took the elevator up without incident and everything was as expected for a Marriott chain. We arrived to our room and was immediately disappointed as I picked the Courtyard for several reasons but one major was I wanted to ensure my 2 yr old could roam freely(without shoes) and I would not worry about the floor being 'gross'. The room was clean but VERY dated and the bathroom toilet didn't flush properly, the a/c was running on high when it was in the 40's and had been snowing earlier that day. The beds were comfortable but if you moved all the bedding moved with you as there were no fitted sheets. The pillows were very comfortable and there were plenty which is a huge plus in my book. We were up by 6am as we had an event to attend and met my inlaws in the lobby for breakfast. We got a few coffees, 3 bagels and a yogurt for $20+ due to the fact our $120+ rooms did not come with the breakfast buffet and we weren't wanting to pay $75+ for breakfast for our family of 5 plus the parents. Overall our experience was mediocre and I do prefer other chains. When we arrived home and I checked our credit card I found the $150 hold removed but the $120+ room charged had been applied to it. I called and was told more than likely it was a lack of communication on the staffs end. We were credited the amount back and offered a discount for a return visit. I was pleased that we were not dismissed but disappointed with the hassle. Will continue to stay at my preferred hotel chain but may consider staying at the Courtyard again.

• Stayed: October 2013