Courtyard Topeka
$76
$99
$83
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $94/night.

$89
Priceline
$84
$78
Priceline
Best Western Topeka Inn & Suites(Topeka)(Great Value!)
$79
Travelocity
All reviewsred lobsterbistro stafffront desklarge mallolive gardenstarbucks coffeeblackout curtainsdouble queentraveling througheach morningwi fiflat screenrooms are cleanwould stay againthe general managerconvenient locationair conditioner
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Very disappointing. Convenient to US 70 if you are traveling but there are other places just as convenient. Check in people were friendly but bartender was grumpy. Only places to eat within walking distance are Olive Garden and Red Lobster. Air conditioning was ridiculous-it stopped and started every minute all night long prohibiting sleep. Finally gave up and got back on the road.

Room Tip: none until they install new AC units
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Scott R, Manager at Courtyard Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am very dissapointed that we did not provide you with a great experience. We value all opinions and act switftly to resolve issues. I certainly apologize for the grumpy bartender. This has been addressed with the entire staff. We will monitor this to ensure that no associate would ever be viewed in that way, we believe in the opposite and have great success on a consistent basis. I also apologize for the air conditioner. These are new units and we are still learning the correct settings for optimal operation. We have resolved the issue you spoke of, and I am terribly sorry that our lack of knowledge caused you a bad nights sleep. We value our guests greatly and that is the last thing we would allow. I sincerely hope that you would give us another opportunity to showcase our great services and rooms.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I prefer staying at Marriott properties and my recent trip to Topeka was no exception. I booked two queen rooms for a planned one night stay.

Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted and taken care of. The premises was clean and tidy. The main lobby and open public areas are nicely updated, modern, and bright. We made our way to our two rooms and found them clean and comfortable. We went down to enjoy the hot tub before tucking in and found the pool area clean, but certainly well-used and a bit date.

Upon returning to my room I ventured to take a shower to wash off the pool chlorine. The bathroom has seen better days. Dried, peeling wall paper with ruffled edges, "stained" appearing floor and just an overall appearance of years of use. It was "tired" to say the least.

The bed was comfortable, but surprisingly a bit more firm than most other Marriott-branded hotels I have been at. The pillows were nice.

Overall a decent place to lay your head at night, but certainly not high end.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed at Courtyard by Marriott Topeka on business. Had great time - service, staff, rooms - everything was amazing!
Actually location is good too. Many restaurants and West Bridge Mall are near - less than 5 min walk from the hotel. That's really convenient!
And many thanks to Jared and Sarah who made my stay more pleasant!)
I would definitely stay there again next time in Topeka.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the excellent review. Sarah and Jared were very excited about you mentioning them, and I wish you could have seen their faces. It is nice when our staff goes above and beyond. They receieve training, but there are some things you can't teach. Thank you!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I had the pleasure of a night here. Having three restaurants a few steps away is a great plus. The staff is friendly and helpful. My only wish is there was a package for single people that included breakfast rather than having to purchase it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The staff is very friendly and the lobby is very modern, what you would expect from a Courtyard following the multi-billion dollar renovation Marriott put in to the lobbies at all of the properties across the brand.

The room, however, leaves a lot to be desired. The decor has not changed one bit since I first stayed at this Courtyard eight years ago, and in fact, I saw the same decor at another Courtyard in 2001. The only thing which has been updated is the television. The desk is far too small, the power outlets are poorly located, and there is no refrigerator (fortunately, I brought my own ice chest, or I really would have been in trouble). I was at least expecting some sort of modernization, which has been the case at a few other Courtyard locations.

Unfortunately, your chices among Marriott properties in Topeka are quite limited. This is probably as good as it gets. I hate to say it, but if I ever have to stay in Topeka again, I might have to go with a different brand. Or if I want to stay at a Marriott, I'll have to commute in from Lawrence, Kansas City or even Junction City.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DNSKansas

Thank you for your wonderful feeback. We value every comment, good or bad. I am happy to hear that our staff was friendly, they are what makes this hotel a special place. Obviously, we are disappointed that you were not completely satisfied. Marriott places a high priority in keeping their hotels in great shape as you have seen with the lobby upgrade. The rooms will follow very soon, but in the meantime, we are committed to keeping our hotel clean and well maintained. It is our hope that when you return to the area, you will keep us in mind.