Courtyard Topeka
$109
$65
$55
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $65/night.

Best Western Topeka Inn & Suites(Topeka)(Great Value!)
$79
$82
Travelocity
$78
Priceline
All reviewsred lobsterbistro stafffront desklarge mallolive gardenstarbucks coffeeblackout curtainsdouble queentraveling througheach morningwi fiflat screenrooms are cleanwould stay againthe general managerconvenient locationair conditioner
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We reserved 2 adjoining rooms; on arrival one had not been cleaned at all. Desk clerk moved us to adjoining rooms one floor below. Our room had been serviced by housekeeping but we noticed the walls had dust and cobwebs on them so I doubt the cleaning is thorough. The toilets in both rooms continually clogged and since there is no housekeeping staff in the evening (!?) you're stuck (no pun intended) with trying to repeatedly flush to get the clog to clear. We were successful in doing so with each toilet once; one remained clogged when we left. The problem may be the design as the exit flow chamber has 6 turns in it prior to entering the floor. For our initial inconvenience the clerk gave me an additional 1000 points on my Marriott account; I would rather have had one night at no charge or one of the rooms at no charge. I won't stay at this Marriott again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank T-townalumnus
Stephanie G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

I am so sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. We want to make this right and it is my understanding that my General Manager emailed you with a resolution to your recent stay. If you did not recieve an email, please contact my General Manger, Scott, or myself to discuss these issues in more detail. 785-271-6165. Again, we are sincerely sorry that you did not have a good stay with us and we hope that you will accept our apology and give us another try.

Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel is a standard Courtyard Marriott. The rooms look like most of them do. The bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows. The hairdryer was your standard sunbeam 1500, so it didn't do a lot if you have a lot of hair to dry. Towels were definitely a bit on the thin side - not on par with a regular Courtyard. Rooms were clean.

The gym was decent: two new-ish treadmills, an elliptical, and a bike. All had personal TVs attached. There were also free weights but no weight machines. There was a decent-looking indoor pool and whirlpool as well, althought I didn't use them. The lobby was recently renovated and nice.

Breakfast came included with my room. You could get a hot breakfast and drinks or two cold things (cereal, oatmeal, smoothie, strawberries) with the room rate. Breakfast starts at 6:30, although a few days it was more like 6:35. They had starbucks coffee. We did not eat dinner at the hotel as there weren't a lot of selections. Drink prices at the bar were definitely pricy for Topeka. A glass of wine was as much as the bottle (of the same kind) that I could buy in the store.

The location is nice if you want to walk to dinner. There are several chain restaurants nearby as well as a mall. The mall isn't the best, but it would work in a pinch if you forgot something on your trip.

Overall, I would stay here again if I were traveling to Topeka, although they should invest in some better bath towels. The staff were all incredibly friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MurphySNJ
Stephanie G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Wow! Thank you so much for your honest guest perspective. I am so glad you got to take advantage of some of our many amenities while you were staying with us. We sure do like our newly renovated lobby and fitness room. And I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get to use the pool while you were here though, maybe next time!

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again next time.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The staff was very helpful and the business nook actually lets you print real documents. In color. That was a first. I got a very strong feeling that every guest matters. Hotels are hotels. Courtyards are Courtyards. What made this hotel special is that if doesn't have some of the things that others do, but it DOES have everything I needed. It obviously has a good manager because ALL of the staff had good attitudes. That says that something is very right with the management.
I love when that happens. My colleague and I cam into town early to prepare for an important presentation and the restaurant area had a couple of booths that we were able to turn into a perfect work area. The internet was good. It just all clicked.

Room Tip: By courteous to the front desk person. Always. In our case they had already arranged for our rooms to be near and convenient. We didn't have to ask. Good job peeps.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Stephanie G, Assitant General Manager at Courtyard Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

We are so lucky to have had the new Courtyard Refreshing Business upgrade to our lobby so we could provide our guests outstanding service and a great space to catch up on work and use our business center. I am so glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of all the great things we have to offer. I appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you and your colleagues again in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Upon arrival check in was great. Asked for special location in the hotel which the desk was able to accomodate. Only issue was the first night we stayed. The air conditioner was so loud and sounded like a water fall, none of us were able to sleep. I notified the desk and maintenance must have fixed the problem because it was much better that night. The rooms and the hotel were very nice and clean. We enjoyed the lobby and TV's which made for a great place to meet friends. My concern was with "The Bistro." I had several friends meet at The Bistro (in house restaurant) and I was shocked at the prices. A bottle of domestic beer was $5.25 and a small cup of (starbucks) coffee was over 3 bucks. Had I noticed the ridiculous prices we would have met friends somewhere else. It seems the Bistro is not in place for breakfast or any meals or after meeting drinks with those prices.......

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are probabaly quieter because they face away from Wanamaker Road.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Waterpklover
Stephanie G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

I am so pleased to hear that we got your air conditioner problem fixed in a timely manner. I apologize that it was even an issue to begin with, but again, glad we got it fixed so you and your family could get a good nights rest.

I appreciate your feedback so we can be more customer friendly with our pricing on beverages. I will definately be doing some investagative work on finding out competition pricing so we are somewhat on a level playing field.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Good location with plenty of nearby restaurants. Room was very clean, as was the other hotel areas. Staff was friendly and helpful. The exercise room is adequate. There is also a lounge and restaurant on the first floor. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Stephanie G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Courtyard by Marriott in Topeka. I hope you had a chance to try some of our special summer dinner promo's in our Bistro?! If you are headed back this direction this fall, don't miss out on our fall promo that is coming up and don't forget to bring your football jersey...we are sure to have the game on the big screen in the library! See you soon!