Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Lansing, Kansas
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed February 27, 2011

The previous night we had stayed in a hotel in St Joseph, Mo, and it was half this nice and twice as expensive. In comparison, this was wonderful. It has an LCD tv which is important to us. It was very clean also, not one hair to be seen in bathroom. The location is great, too. The only drawback for me is that the bed is a little hard. My husband loved it though. I would recommend.

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed November 30, 2010

The rooms are nice, they have gone through the New Launch and came up with good beds.
Front Desk people are not friendly in any way, and not very helpful or "in tune" to a traveler's needs.
Breakfast Bar host is very nice and friendly, makes staying here a lot better than most Holiday Inn Express!
The pool is on the small size, two or three swim strokes and you hit the far wall.
Location is pretty good, near restaurants and not far from the mall.
Each time I am there, on a Wednesday night; they have a special evening greet and meet with food and drink, which is nice.
If you call the front desk for something, be prepared to go to the front desk to pick it up.
All the Holiday Inn Express's I stayed at before would bring a blanket or toothpaste up to my room, not this one.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Joplin Missouri
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I have stayed at this property 2-3 times. There is no sign on 10th Street indicating where to turn. Property is showing signs of deferred maintanance. The wallpaper in my bathroom curling up, the coat hook on door, barely hanging on and soiled linen hanging on shower curtain. The remote control didn't work. Desk clerk said that have that problem frequently. Suggestion: unplug the TV and try again. The same desk clerk said that she just got the elevator working again. Priorirty Club members are treated well, a special beverage upon arrival. My rooms are always spacious, and include a sitting area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
KANSAS
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I had room service coming In when I needed something, they catered to my every Need. Need I say more the front desk was extra special, anything I needed I just called down, even when I want my suit tailored. My wife and I had the best time of our lives celebrating many years together, we would go back to the same hotel. Beds where comfortable, great view. Very quiet.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Missouri
Reviewed August 31, 2009

I've stayed here total of 6 weeks ( 3 weeks at a time) for the past two years and this is a good hotel. The beds are new (within the last year) and the hotel is always clean. Their "hot" breakfast leaves a lot to be desired, but there is always cereal and milk. The pool is decent and the workout room is adequate for walking a few miles on the treadmill.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
St. Louis
Reviewed August 25, 2009

And I think you have a pretty good value and a well remodeled room. My room was remodeled with a great King size bed, good selection of pillows and a big LCD flat screen on an articulating arm mount. The breakfast was above average, and the lobby area is great. I loved my room, but the interior doors look to be the originals-kind of beat up. The elevator looked dirty and definitely needed new carpet, but I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank wpercef
Burlington, IA
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We were travelling cross country and needed an overnight stop. Usually we find HI Express hotels to be above average and we enjoy them. Unfortunately this is an exception. The needs refreshening- badly. The outside appeared to have been updated, but our room was on the third floor and needed some work. The elevator was S L O W...or should I say S L O W !!! Our room never fully cooled down despite the a/c and ceiling fan. The a/c was noisy, too, and the room had an off odor to it. I asked at the desk for another room but was told none were available. The pool was fine, the breakfast bar and it's hostess was outstanding...the rest of the staff could learn some customer service skills from the breakfast hostess.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family