Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Houston, Texas
“good hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Nice, clean and quiet hotel. I was happy that the hotel does not allow pets since I have allergies. Very friendly staff. Decent breakfast selections. This hotel was just what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Elaine R
HIETopekaWestMgmt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Elaine R,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! We utilize all comments to improve our hotel and our service. We're very pleased that you've enjoyed your experience with our hotel, our staff, and our breakfast. Thank you again for your comments, and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were enroute to Wichita and stopped here for an overnight because we knew of a nearby mexican restaurant we liked. The room was large and the nicest of the Holiday Inn Express type we've seen ... noticeably so. I'd stay here again if I were passing thru.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor back side which was adjacent to a freeway on ramp. SOME noisy cars wer...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIETopekaWestMgmt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Larry S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your accomodations and your experience here! It's great to read that you prefer our Holiday Inn Express over any other - that's a great compliment! Thank you very much for your comments; I will be sure to share them with the staff.
Benton, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Very nice hotel located in Topeka, Kansas...great value for the money. Quiet and spacious room. Staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended if you are visiting and staying in Topeka.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIETopekaWestMgmt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Bzoo2013,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I sincerely appreciate your fantastic comments! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your room and our staff - I will certainly share your comments! Again, thank you for your review and I hope to see you soon!
Folsom, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Located just off Interstate 70 this older hotel is in a great location for all services. The Kansas Historical Society Genealogical Library is located within a mile of the hotel. The hotel is a multi story complex that appears to be in need of a good paint job on the exterior. Parking was o.k. but somewhat limited in available spaces to be able to park near the entrance. The interior of the hotel immediately felt "dirty," dark and appeared badly in need of renovation as we entered. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Our room was located on the second floor. We found it easy to move around inside the room. At night the noises from the guests staying above our room was quite clear and at times bothersome. Our room had two queen beds and a desk. The interior of our room was also in need of renovation and a good cleaning. My wife and I laughed at one point and thought that this hotel would be a good place to recommend to bothersome friends or relatives. The hotel also had an indoor swimming pool that we did not use. A morning buffet breakfast of assorted hot and cold cereals, eggs (precooked), pancakes, yogurt, breaks, coffee, juices, milk etc. was included. A variety of restaurants and other services are located near this Holiday Inn Express as well as several other name brand hotels. We only stayed one night before moving on. We would not stay at this hotel again. Including tax of 16% our room for two persons cost just under $140.00. Our recommendation is to check pricing and customer reviews of other hotels in the area before registering at this hotel.

Room Tip: A room on the top floor will minimize noise and offer a partial view of the area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIETopekaWestMgmt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear SeniorExplorer,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We utilize all reviews to identify possible areas of accomplishment and improvement. I am extraordinarily surprised and disappointed that you feel our hotel is in need of remodeling. We completed an extensive remodel earlier this year and I can assure you that our rooms are among the nicest in Topeka. That said, I am pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and accomodating and our location ideal. I hope you'll consider re-visiting our hotel in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stopped for one night and got a large room on third floor which was very comfortable, limited road noise, lots of table top surfaces and more AV inputs that I knew what to do with but probably great for gamers. Used the exercise room and others were using the pool which seemed clean. Breakfast was ok, no complaints. Easy access back to the highway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HIETopekaWestMgmt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Mac5384,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. Positive feedback is quite rewarding, and I'll be sure to share your comments with the staff. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Room was wonderful as was the breakfast. All the staff were helpful and friendly. The one thing that would make it better was a microwave in rooms. Due to health issue I was to have hot pack nightly and the only way was to have front desk use theirs. After first night I didn't want to bother them so didn't use.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIETopekaWestMgmt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear fhcrmai,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed not only your room, but also our fantastic breakfast and staff. Please know that you could never "bother" our staff - we are here to serve you! Should you return to Topeka, we'd be happy to get you in a room with a microwave, or lend one to your room so you'll have more convenient access to a microwave. Again, thank you for your review and we do hope to see you soon!
Larned
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Newly revamped and updated! The rooms are nice and homey. I was able to check in early to be able to get ready for a 4pm appt with the Governor. Every time I saw any staff, they were smiling at us, asking us if everything was ok, telling us to have a great day. What a way to start your day! The breakfast was good and filling. I was here for business but I plan on coming back for personal vacation!

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side face the interstate and that was a bit noisy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIETopekaWestMgmt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear CSIJWyman,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We sincerely appreciate your comments! We are so pleased that you enjoyed our friendly staff and renovated rooms. I do regret that you found your room to be slightly noisy. We would certainly be happy to get you a room on the opposite side of the hotel during your next stay. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon!