Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stopped for one night and got a large room on third floor which was very comfortable, limited road noise, lots of table top surfaces and more AV inputs that I knew what to do with but probably great for gamers. Used the exercise room and others were using the pool which seemed clean. Breakfast was ok, no complaints. Easy access back to the highway.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
HIETopekaWestMgmt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Mac5384,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. Positive feedback is quite rewarding, and I'll be sure to share your comments with the staff. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Room was wonderful as was the breakfast. All the staff were helpful and friendly. The one thing that would make it better was a microwave in rooms. Due to health issue I was to have hot pack nightly and the only way was to have front desk use theirs. After first night I didn't want to bother them so didn't use.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
HIETopekaWestMgmt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear fhcrmai,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed not only your room, but also our fantastic breakfast and staff. Please know that you could never "bother" our staff - we are here to serve you! Should you return to Topeka, we'd be happy to get you in a room with a microwave, or lend one to your room so you'll have more convenient access to a microwave. Again, thank you for your review and we do hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Newly revamped and updated! The rooms are nice and homey. I was able to check in early to be able to get ready for a 4pm appt with the Governor. Every time I saw any staff, they were smiling at us, asking us if everything was ok, telling us to have a great day. What a way to start your day! The breakfast was good and filling. I was here for business but I plan on coming back for personal vacation!

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side face the interstate and that was a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
HIETopekaWestMgmt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear CSIJWyman,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We sincerely appreciate your comments! We are so pleased that you enjoyed our friendly staff and renovated rooms. I do regret that you found your room to be slightly noisy. We would certainly be happy to get you a room on the opposite side of the hotel during your next stay. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We faced a one and half hour drive for a very early hospital appointment in Topeka, KS on 20 Aug. My wife and I elected to stay in the Holiday Inn Express off Wanamaker Ave instead. We were recognized as a Priority Club members. Not knowing how long I would be in the hospital, the manager (Do not know his name, but the check-in time was about 1430 hrs.) at check-in suggested we extend our stay one additional day to give my wife the peace of mind not needing to check back in to the hotel in the event I had to stay in the hospital. He also suggested,we use a late check out time in case we only needed to stay one night in the hotel. His concern's for my wife's comfort and peace of mind we well beyond what was expected. We thank him for his personal interest in our needs. We will stay in this hotel the next time we are in Topeka.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
HIETopekaWestMgmt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear 447dick,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our service! We strive to ensure guest satisfaction and it is fantastic to hear that we have succeeded in accomodating you. We sincerely appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was ahead of schedule and arrived well before check in time and Jeff at the front desk along with Josephina in housekeeping did all they could to get me a room ready very quickly. After accepting a cold beverage as a platinum member, I got to my room and had some trouble connecting a WiFi device due to the hot spot login. This was a complication on my end and the managers (Bill and Kayla) went out of their way to help get me connected, calling their ISP. Come evening time Amanda and Mallorie were very helpful in helping me decide on what to do for dinner, pulling out menus and making suggestions based on their experiences with local establishments, which are abundant near the hotel. I slept like a baby in my king suite and was out before breakfast having only a great cup of coffee before departing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
HIETopekaWestMgmt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear selockard,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our staff and accomodations. I will share your feedback with all employees. Again, thank you and we certainly hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed here while returning home from a family reunion in KS. Our room was nice and the bed was very comfortable. We also liked having three armchairs in our room rather than a sofa or a table & chairs. Very nice to sit and watch TV in the chairs. There was a nice mini kitchen with a microwave, sink and fridge in the room. The bathroom was just okay, for the size of the bathroom, it seems like a larger shower could be installed and the sink/counter area didn't have much room. The breakfast was a nice spread with plenty of variety, but more fruit would be appreciated. Our room was on the first floor, right outside the area where breakfast is served so the noise was a little much in the morning, and the road noise from the on-ramp to I-70 was also right outside our room. At times, I felt like a vehicle might just drive into our room.

Room Tip: Avoid room 124 for the breakfast noise factor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Gerbette,

I'd first like to thank you for your review. We utilize comments such as yours in order to evaluate and improve our overall performance. I'm very pleased to see that you enjoyed your accomodations - we are getting lots of positive remarks on our newly renovated rooms. I do regret that you experienced some noise in your room. We do have a few guests that prefer and request rooms that are non-highway side of the hotel. Should you travel through Topeka again, we would be pleased to offer you a room that you may find to be more quiet. Again, I thank you for your review and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our stay was GREAT! Super nice rooms, extremely helpful, accomodating and friendly staff! We came for a regional zone swim meet, the hotel started breakfast early as the swimmers had to be at the pool early. The only down side was no outdoor pool...will definitely stay here again if in the area!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
HIETopekaWestMgmt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Amy S,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor! I am so pleased that you enjoyed our rooms and staff. I will share your comments with all employees. Again, thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us!