Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
“Excellent hotel!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has been newly renovated ( we asked the hotel staff) and it looks wonderful. The rooms are spacious and clean. Large tv, beds, and bathroom. Beds were very comfortable and the room was very quiet. The hotel staff wwas friendly and courteous. I would recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed June 2013
HIETopekaWestMgmt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Adamsl311,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. We sincerely appreciate your comments! We put a significant amount of effort into our remodel and it is fantastic to hear that you are enjoying it. I will certainly share your review with all of the staff members. Thank you for staying with us - we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
U.S.A.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay here!

Swimming pool, room, and especially the employees were all great!!! Rooms are very updated/fresh looking!

So close to everything- great zoo, shopping mall, restaurants!!

Will stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Senator McCain,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. I am so pleased that you had such a great experience with us. We strive to do our best and it is always great to hear that our efforts are felt and seen by our guests. I will share your comments with all staff. Thank you!
Mineral Bluff, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

This HIE is conveniently located by many family restaurants for the weary traveler. We enjoyed Cracker Barrel down the street and checked-in with no problems. The highway is close by, but we slept fine. The only complaint was the breakfast- the bagels, toast, and other products were hard as a rock. I understand this is a buisness with quick and easy breakfast, but the food should be edible and changed out. Otherwise, it is quick to access from the highway and great for travelers with families.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MelanieDrew,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. I am pleased to hear that you enjoy our location. I sincerely apologize that you found our breakfast to be less than desirable. I do appreciate the feedback, however, and will utilize it in order to ensure that no future guests encounter the same issue. Thank you for staying with us and I do hope you'll consider our hotel again in the future. I assure you that the breakfast issue you experienced will be resolved and you'll be treated to a hot and delicious breakfast buffet.
Venice, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was a little wary of the hotel because it was on the Point Saver plan, but I figured the price was so good, why not give it a try. It exceeded expectations. Very stylish up to the minute re-do. Lots of lighting and our suite was comfortably large. It appears that Holiday Inn is also changing their cosmetics. The hot tub was both clean and very hot (which doesn't happen often).The man at the desk was very interested in his guests and breakfast was ready promptly and there were no snafus. Location is right near the entrance to the interstate without being on the interstate, in fact its kind of hidden but there are several places to eat very close. I would definitely return here if my travels take me near here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear hotzim,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! It is exciting to hear that you are pleased with our renovation, staff, breakfast, and location. What a great review - thank you!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed here on our way through Kansas and I was pleasantly surprised!! First of all, the front desk staff were all very friendly and helpful! I was greeted warmly and made to feel very welcome there. The hotel was very clean outside in the parking lot & I felt very confident that my car would be safe, as it was well lit at night. The lobby was clean, warm, & inviting. I love the new decor that HI Express is using now. Our room was nicely decorated and the bed was very comfortable. The only downside was that our room was on the second floor and directly across from the elevator! You could hear everything & everyone!

Breakfast was basic, but wonderful: pancakes, cinnamon rolls (very fresh!), bread, cereal, oatmeal, sausage links, hard boiled eggs, juice, & coffee. I did wish that they had the little packets of liquid creamer, but the milk worked fine. The lady working the breakfast area was so nice & kept the area so clean, which is always a plus!

Pros: location is great, just off I-70, hotel is clean inside & out, seemed very safe, especially since I was traveling with the kids and hubby wasn't able to come along. Breakfast was nice, super clean, staff were all friendly and helpful. Bed was comfortable, and we all slept well.s

Cons: room was directly across from the elevator and you could hear everything! That was my only problem.

We WILL be back!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear luvlifeandtravel,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor.com! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff and hotel. We do apologize that you did not enjoy having your room next to the elevator. We would be happy to ensure that your room is not located near the elevator on any future reservations with us. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

The property was very clean and comfortable, and the staff very accomodating. More than many properties I stay at either for business or pleasure, they really seemed to want to go out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. The hotel renovations mentioned in other reviews appeared to me to be completed, I had a very nice room (although it was an 'accessible' room) it was better than most I've seen to fit either customer. The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable, which is why I picked this location (again, due to other reviews I saw). One of the front desk staff was about half way through a "double shift" due to the last minute family needs of one of his coworkers. As there was a large community event in the area, and I was up rather late one night using the business center computer printer, I could hear him trying to find alternate accomodations for walk in customers and callers who didn't have a reservation at this property. I didn't detect a single negative tone in his voice, truely a gentleman! I saw him toward the end of his shift and he was still in very good shape mentally, very professional. I recommend this Hotel to anyone transiting the area, I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Cabot M
KaylaBitler, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, April 9, 2015
Dear Sue,
Thank you for the awesome feedback! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and our wonderful front desk staff. Rafa is a very important part of our team. I am also pleased to hear that you were able to utilize our pool and spa during your stay with us. We hope to see you again on your next stop in Topeka. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel!
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Sorry that this review is late but this was another hotel that deserves a great review. We stayed with them on April 19th and 20th. And we were very pleased with our stay. The room was really clean, and the staff was very nice.This will be our choice of hotel when we return to Topeka,ks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple