“Clean, Quiet, Comfortable”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We stayed here on a Friday night and found it to be very nice. There were several signs around indicating they were doing some construction and updating. I didn't notice any construction during our short overnight stay although it did appear that our room had been updated. The room was very clean as was the bathroom. The bed was firm, yet comfortable. The breakfast buffet was nice and I did find some fruit (I had a banana). We stayed on the opposite side of the hotel from the highway side, but heard relatively no noise. I appreciated the quietness of an interstate hotel. The checkin clerk was fine, but not overly friendly. The woman there in the morning was very upbeat and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I asked for a room on the opposite side of the highway and heard relatively no highway noise.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed November 12, 2011

This Holiday Inn Express doesn't stack up well against other Holiday Inn Express hotels. It has the new fancy signage, but inside is an old hotel. The area seems iffy, with an apartment/housing complex right next to the hotel. Three good things about the hotel: There are plenty of restaurants nearby, you have close access to the interstate, and the bed is comfortable. I was greeted at check in by an unfriendly worker. The room had damage, including the window, which allowed in noise and cold air. The shower also had damage. There were a few bugs in the room, probably because of the window issue. Outside of the room was a slamming doors fest (rude guests who slam their doors) and the old hotel with its paper thin walls made every sound and vibration feel like an earthquake. It's bad enough you ever have to be in Topeka, so pick a nicer hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stayed here going and returning on a trip to Colorado. No complaints what so ever. Room was large & clean, employees are friendly and breakfast is more than adequate. If you need a bed for the night with quick in & out this is a good place.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cwhelan136
Chara901, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Thank you for your kind comments! We really appreciate it! Hope your next HIE stays are excellent!

Reviewed July 24, 2011

Room was fine. Pool and hot tub were OK but not fancy. The buffet breakfast had good coffee but no fruit (at least the day we were there). No fridge in room. Wifi worked well. Lots of restaurants and a WalMart nearby.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for the kind comments! We are renovating our hotel which will include adding fridges and microwaves to all room. Hope all of your next HIE stays are excellent!

Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here while traveling along Highway 70. Very typical Holiday Inn Express with no problems.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel! And may all your next HIE stays be excellent!

Guest Service Manager

Reviewed July 1, 2011

Stopped in late June on our way to Denver. The location is very close to I70 so request a room opposite the higway side. The rooms were new and clean, fresh linens, and very comfortable beds, although i thought they were a little jiggly when my bed mate (daughter) had the wiggles.

The kids liked the pool, but I thought it was too cold. The hot tub was very warm. The breakfast was really wonderful- cereal, yogurt, muffins, bagels, pancakes, omelets, ham, sausage & biscuits... The rooms were quiet other than some of that highway noise. There were several fast food chains close by and a large mall. We plan to return.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. Thank you for the kind comments and we look forward for your next trip to Topeka KS! Hope all of your next HIE stays are excellent!

Guest Service Manager

Reviewed June 3, 2011

Road weary and tired we stayed at this HI. The room and beds were definitely the HI branded type. Very similar to all the HI's. But the customer service here was FANTASTIC! I always stay at HI's for business and trust it for personal travel as well. The room was clean, fluffy towels, the total HI experience as per normal. But these folks really went out of their way to help me. I left my coat with keys to my office in it! I called the hotel and they Fed-Exed my coat and keys right away! I was very impressed with their honesty and timeliness of receiving my package. This is not the "Typical" HI. They are customer service oriented.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post such kind comments. As the Guest Service Manager its really nice to hear such good comments about our customer service. Hope all of your next HIE stays are excellent!