Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here while traveling along Highway 70. Very typical Holiday Inn Express with no problems.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Chara901, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel! And may all your next HIE stays be excellent!

Guest Service Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker

Reviewed July 1, 2011

Stopped in late June on our way to Denver. The location is very close to I70 so request a room opposite the higway side. The rooms were new and clean, fresh linens, and very comfortable beds, although i thought they were a little jiggly when my bed mate (daughter) had the wiggles.

The kids liked the pool, but I thought it was too cold. The hot tub was very warm. The breakfast was really wonderful- cereal, yogurt, muffins, bagels, pancakes, omelets, ham, sausage & biscuits... The rooms were quiet other than some of that highway noise. There were several fast food chains close by and a large mall. We plan to return.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. Thank you for the kind comments and we look forward for your next trip to Topeka KS! Hope all of your next HIE stays are excellent!

Guest Service Manager

Reviewed June 3, 2011

Road weary and tired we stayed at this HI. The room and beds were definitely the HI branded type. Very similar to all the HI's. But the customer service here was FANTASTIC! I always stay at HI's for business and trust it for personal travel as well. The room was clean, fluffy towels, the total HI experience as per normal. But these folks really went out of their way to help me. I left my coat with keys to my office in it! I called the hotel and they Fed-Exed my coat and keys right away! I was very impressed with their honesty and timeliness of receiving my package. This is not the "Typical" HI. They are customer service oriented.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post such kind comments. As the Guest Service Manager its really nice to hear such good comments about our customer service. Hope all of your next HIE stays are excellent!

Guest service manager

Reviewed March 23, 2011

We enjoyed the Holiday Inn Express in Topeka. We were upgraded to a huge room due to our Ambassador Club status. We found the staff at the front desk to be very pleasant at check-in and check-out. The king bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. The breakfast was the usual HIE selection, but good, hot, and plentiful.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2011

The previous night we had stayed in a hotel in St Joseph, Mo, and it was half this nice and twice as expensive. In comparison, this was wonderful. It has an LCD tv which is important to us. It was very clean also, not one hair to be seen in bathroom. The location is great, too. The only drawback for me is that the bed is a little hard. My husband loved it though. I would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed November 30, 2010

The rooms are nice, they have gone through the New Launch and came up with good beds.
Front Desk people are not friendly in any way, and not very helpful or "in tune" to a traveler's needs.
Breakfast Bar host is very nice and friendly, makes staying here a lot better than most Holiday Inn Express!
The pool is on the small size, two or three swim strokes and you hit the far wall.
Location is pretty good, near restaurants and not far from the mall.
Each time I am there, on a Wednesday night; they have a special evening greet and meet with food and drink, which is nice.
If you call the front desk for something, be prepared to go to the front desk to pick it up.
All the Holiday Inn Express's I stayed at before would bring a blanket or toothpaste up to my room, not this one.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I have stayed at this property 2-3 times. There is no sign on 10th Street indicating where to turn. Property is showing signs of deferred maintanance. The wallpaper in my bathroom curling up, the coat hook on door, barely hanging on and soiled linen hanging on shower curtain. The remote control didn't work. Desk clerk said that have that problem frequently. Suggestion: unplug the TV and try again. The same desk clerk said that she just got the elevator working again. Priorirty Club members are treated well, a special beverage upon arrival. My rooms are always spacious, and include a sitting area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business