New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Comfort Suites Topeka

Comfort Suites Topeka
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Springfield, Illinois
“Great Service and Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

We arrived at almost 12:00 AM and you would have thought we were personal friends with the desk clerk. They made sure we had everything we needed and went out of the way to assist us.

The hotel would appear very new, rooms were great. We will return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Greg K, Owner at Comfort Suites Topeka, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Good Morning,
I want to,thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schudle to review our property.
We use these reviews to train our staff during our weekly meetings so they are most helpful in finding what were doing right or wrong.

Thanks again,
Topeka Comfort Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

This hotel was a beautiful hotel and the checkin process was smooth. The facilities were wonderful and very clean. The beds were comfortable. We stayed on the second floor, and at about 2am, some college age girls moved into the bedroom above us…and the party started. We called the front desk and were told that they would give the room a call. 20 minutes later, the noise was unbearable so we called again and this time we were hung up on. We called a couple more times and were just hung up on. The noise finally stopped at about 4am…so we just got up and got on the road because we figured that we weren't going to get much sleep.

Room Tip: Sleep on the 3rd floor so there is no-one above you.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Greg K, General Manager at Comfort Suites Topeka, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Good Morning,
You can not possibly believe how upset I am to hear that my staff didn't respond to your request the first call. They are trained for 100% customer satisfaction and you did not receive this. My staff will all be talked to about this issue.
You can call me at any time if you wish to discuss this further.

Salina, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Very impressed with this property overall. I stayed on a Wednesday night and hotel was pretty full. My room was very clean, updated and had very comfortable bed and pillows. Very impressed by the upgrade of lamps that produced "daylite" quality lighting. Hotel is right off I-70 and Wanamaker. There is a Hooters restaurant across the street and a Burger King, long with a gas station/convenience store. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was your typical standard fare. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: My room was on the third floor and was quiet. it even faced the road but that noise wasn't an i...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Good Morning,
I was so pleased to read the review you summitted for our hotel. My staff works very hard to make all our guests stay as comfortable as possible and its wonderful to hear when our guests recognize their efforts. I will share your review with all.
KS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed here for my son's orientation day at Wasburn and was pleasantly surprised at the size and newness of the room. Loved the room and location and staff was friendly. Enjoyed the lemon water and pretzels in the evening. Breakfast was the average continental type food, but free. Will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Greg K, Manager at Comfort Suites Topeka, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
I was so happy to read your review this morning about your stay during your sons orientation.
Its nice to know that if my staff properly takes care of you, I can hope to see you for the next 4 years. I greatly appreciate the kind review.

Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Very clean, affordable, and comfortable. Especially impressed with complimentary breakfast, in particular the spacious eating area. So many of the motels have such a small eating place that there is no place to sit. Not at this Comfort Suites...they have more than ample space to go along with great food to start the day.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Greg K, General Manager at Comfort Suites Topeka, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Good Morning,
Its so rewarding for my staff and me to read such wonderful reviews like yours. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction daily, and we are so pleased when our guests see this.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Room was very nice and spacious but Sauna was not working. Pool was so dirty that I could barely see my feet in the five foot end of the pool. Third floor ice machine put out no ice. Saw a cockroach on the stair well wall going down to the second floor to get ice.

Stayed June 2014
Good Morning Doug,
Its seems you did not have a pleasant experience at our hotel. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction, and I am not happy to read reviews like yours. Feel free to contact me regarding your issues. I would like to personally discuss this with you.

Thanks Much,
(785)-246-6777
Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

After a long day of travel we pulled into the Comfort Suite in Topeka and found it to be quiet, clean , and just the spot we were looking forward to relax away the long miles of the day. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,
I greatly appreciate the fact that our property is highly recommended in your eyes. I use these reviews in my weekly staff meetings, and its so satisfying to see thier expressions when I read them compliments like yours. We do hope to see you again in the near future.