“quite a value!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Denver
“quite a value!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were extremely pleased with this hotel, the room was extra large and very clean and the location was perfect, very close to expressway and lots of other things to see. The price was very reasonable and quite a value. There was a fridge and microwave, necessary for my insulin to have a fridge, and always a coffee maker. The breakfast included all of the "USUAL"that all hotels are offering lately, in addition to eggs fixed in two ways, hard boiled and scrambled......seems that this is a requirement for Comfort Inns and I really like that requirement.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Patrick O
Comfort150, General Manager at Comfort Suites Topeka, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I am delighted that you were pleased with your stay at our hotel. We strive to be #1 in service and guest satisfaction. We hope to see you again in the near future when you visit Topeka. Thanks again for your wonderful review and we do appreciate your business.
Topeka Comfort Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The Comfort Suites is "the newest hotel in Topeka." It is very clean with modern decor. The beds are very comfortable and every room has a microwave and refrigerator. It is also easily accessible from the Interstate. The front desk agent, Stephanie, provided excellent service and also provided a great dining recommendation. She went above and beyond to call the restraunt to check hours and then also called the restraunt again upon on return to help me find my cell phone. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and I will be returning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Comfort150, General Manager at Comfort Suites Topeka, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
I am very pleased that you noticed the cleanliness of our hotel and had a great stay. I also love to hear that our staff went above and beyond to provide you with excellent service, as that is the way they are trained. Thanks again and we greatly appreciate your business. We can't wait to see you again on your return visit.

General Manager Comfort Suites
LENEXA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

A group of friends go to Topeka for the weenend every August for a set of competitive events, and we have stayed at the Comfort Suites for the last 3 years. New decor, great beds, comfortable room layout (mini-fridge, separate sitting area). The desk clerks are always helpful and nice and the breakfast, while no gourmet treat, is adequate and tasty. I think that this hotel offers good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Comfort150, General Manager at Comfort Suites Topeka, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
We are very pleased that your group had a pleasant and memorable experence at our hotel. We strive to be #1 in guest satisfaction and are improving daily. We look forward to serving you next year and can't wait for the opportunity to make your stay tops.
Thanks Again,
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed here for work and was pleasantly surprised by the condition of the hotel and my room. The staff is very nice and the hotel manager seemed to make sure we were all satisfied. The rooms had fridges, a living room area and decent speed internet. The free breakfast isn't great but it's not meant to be the most delicious - just convenient.

If I had to stay in Topeka again for work I would stay here due to it's cleanliness and affordable rooms. Probably wouldn't stay here on vacation - but I wouldn't go to Topeka for vacation anyway.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Auburn, Ks. USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I took a tour of the hotel. I then reserved rooms for family coming from out of state to our reunion, July 20 & 21, 2012. I sent e-mail correspondence several times leading upto the reunion date. Each time my e-mail was answered promtly. I even sent an e-mail with directions to the family reunion. I asked if copies could be made available @ the front desk as family checked in. The hotel made copies and had them available as I had requested. Comments from family were these rooms are very nice, clean and the beds are comfortable. The rooms included a micro wave, refrigerator, sofa, and chairs. They also thought the room rate was very good. Some family enjoyed the use of the pool. The breakfast lounge is quite large, very nice, and clean. There were many breakfast items to choose from, both hot and cold. The staff was accomodating and seemed genuinely interested in making the stay enjoyable. The hotel is near the eating and shopping corrider on Wanamaker Rd., and within walking distance of some restaurants, as well as close to I70. Overall our family was very pleased! I will recommend Topeka Comfort Suites and will book my family again when they come to town. I will also look for other Comfort Suites when I travel. Thanks again Greg Knoch, GM and staff!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lindsborg, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

My husband and I attended a work related conference at the nearby Kansas Museum of History and I looked around on Tripadvisor for a hotel close to the conference with positive reviews and we hit upon this hotel. I am glad we chose it. I found this Comfort Suites to be very clean and comfortable. The location is very convenient to I-70. There are many places to eat and shop just a short skip up the road. Hooters and Burger King are within walking distance. Wal Mart is just up the road as well. My first impression of the hotel was a bit shaky, as they have posted PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK signs all over the exterior of the building. This gives one, or at least me, a worried feeling, but our car was fine both nights in the parking lot. I appreciated the designated smoking spot being far from the front door. We never had to walk thru smoke when entering the hotel. I do see what previous reviewers meant about gaps in the door. Upon getting up in the morning and crossing the dark room toward the lighted door, there was a significant gap in the door that was letting a lot of light in. That being said, it really did not pose a problem during our stay. The noise level was also, at times, more than I really like in a hotel. Our next door neighbor liked to play his TV really LOUD. |Kids were running up and down the hallway for a time during the evening. I think most modern hotel construction is probably unfortunately not the best for being sound proof. It's really a shame that fellow hotel guests cannot respect one another and keep the noise down.
Our room was very comfortable with a big bed, sofa, chairs, refrigerator and microwave. The bed was very comfortable and we had plenty of nice pillows. We did not use the breakfast facilities since we had to be up and out early each morning, but there was ample seating and even a very long tall bar type table with lots of seats that would be great if you were with a group. Very nice. It looked very clean. The pool area was very clean. The water seemed chilly so we did not swim, and it should be noted that this hotel does not have a hot tub. It does have a sauna, which was under repair during our stay. Overall, I liked this hotel and would stay here again and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The Choice Hotels are quickly becoming my favorite. This was my first stay here in Topeka, and I'll have no problem booking a room there again. Brilliant me made a reservation for the night before I got there and the girl behind the counter took no issue with that. The hotel is within about 1/4 mile of several places to eat and there was a Hooters across the street if you're looking for a watering hole. There's even a movie theater right up the street if you have time...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business